The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

22 posts Page 1 of 2
Just realised!
31 Jan 2015, 09:32
It's my fastiversary today & I have just realised that I have only lost 13pounds in weight overall this past year! I've had lots of ups & downs in weight with holidays & family celebrations so many happy things but still battling with my weight loss! But since starting this WOE two years ago I have lost 3 stone 7 lbs ( 59 lbs ) so I suppose I am sort of maintaining that weight loss in a frustrating way :frown: It would be so helpful if I could lose some weight each week but on the plus side I am rarely unwell apart from a recent cold, & only occasionally take Ibuprofen for my knees so I will not stop this WOE! Sorry for the moan but I only lost 2oz this past week!
Re: Just realised!
31 Jan 2015, 09:40
Happy anniversary Isis! How wonderful to have lost so much and to feel some health benefits!
Nearly 60 lbs overall and 13 lbs loss in the last year is not to be sniffed at..in spite of happy family occasions! and you could have easily gained twice that in a year if you hadnt been as vigilant as you have been
Don't worry bout the measly 2 oz this week..look at the big picture and enjoy yr achievement! X
31 Jan 2015, 13:06
Congratulations on your Fastiversary, @Isis, and let's hope that there are many more. You have done brilliantly well and, as @CandiceMarie pointed out, you may have 'only' lost thirteen pounds this year but think of all the weight that you may have regained if you hadn't been fasting! I know it can seem like a slog sometimes but the benefits really do outweigh those occasional moments when you may ask yourself 'Is it worth it?' :frown: The answer to which is always 'YES!' :victory:
31 Jan 2015, 13:14
Happy Fastiversary!!! When you think about how many people *regain* the weight lost in their second year you'll realize that continuing to lose any weight at all is a job well done :-) Congratulations to you!
31 Jan 2015, 14:51
Happy Fastiversary! It really is your way of life now so no worrying, all shall be well :0)
31 Jan 2015, 15:31
Hey you, @Isis, I'd happily have your 13lb loss - I only lost 2lb last year. Like you I do, every now and then, put things in perspective. Any weight lost is fab and not weight gained and I am also really aware of how good my health is. Keep plodding going just like the rest of us.
31 Jan 2015, 18:49
Happy Fastiversary. I wish you all the best in the coming year weight-wise. I know about those knee-twinges, so how great to have found something that keeps them at bay!
31 Jan 2015, 23:08
Maintaining a 60lb loss for a whole year makes you far more successful than some 90% of those who lose weight. Give yourself a big round of applause!
01 Feb 2015, 00:28
You have my admiration Isis well done on two years :like:
01 Feb 2015, 01:30
Well done Isis. Any loss is a good loss :cool:
01 Feb 2015, 02:20
Isis this is a great result. Don't beat yourself up. Give yourself a pat on the back. Kudos to you. :heart: :victory: :heart: :victory:
01 Feb 2015, 06:33
Happy Fastiversary! Onwards and downwards!
01 Feb 2015, 08:28
I echo all the previous comments! Your results are not to be sneezed at (though I am sure we all sympathise with your frustrstions too).
Very best wishes and good luck for a continued weight loss. :) :clover:
01 Feb 2015, 09:34
@Isis I have done almost exactly the same as you have! I met my 2 1/2 stone target in the 1st year but failed my 1 1/2 stone target for the second year achieving somewhere in the region of 12 - 13 lbs. I sometimes feel like I am failing but have to remind myself exactly how much I have lost in these 2+ years which is no mean feat and you have done just the same so well done. We can slowly go forward from here.
01 Feb 2015, 12:24
Thank you all so much for your supportive messages I really appreciate them. I am finding it difficult to keep plodding on at the moment but on the other hand there is no way that I am ever going to allow myself to regain all the weight that I have lost. So I will take one day at a time & get more active & see how I go. This forum is such a help to me & others to keep on going because this WOE is really the only one I have found that enables me to refocus & start again.
Thank you to everyone who started & maintains this forum :grin: :heart:
22 posts Page 1 of 2