The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

21 posts Page 2 of 2
Glad to see these posts! They are very encouraging to read as I have been fasting only one month. I tend to weigh daily and notice the up/down trend every week. I officially weigh on Mondays after 2 feed days and I have been losing slowly. It is nice to read about others who have fasted consistently for 6 months to a year. I find combining fasting and eating low carb whole foods is something I can do for life.
I have another message for myself and anyone ...
It takes one day of unrestrained eating to gain a kilo and two weeks of 5/2 to lose that kilo
So I am back to,where i started two weeks ago
But am not unhappy as ,at least that kilo is gone and now it's downwards
Thank you for sharing this.

It's wonderful that we've learned the tools to help us lose. From this forum, we've learned many ways to tweak it, to lose more or minimize gain when we're vacationing and such. There's skipping breakfast, which we've all learned won't kill us. Or there's just reducing the carbs. Or even simply just waiting until you are really, truly hungry in order to eat.

So glad to hear you're back on track and it's working for you.
Yeah ,I think the biggest thing I have learned is that it's ok to be hungry.
I am so used to,eating a late lunch now that even on non fast days I do it
I have also learned that there are so many different ways to do this and it's all ok
I think what @Tracieknits says is quite right - before 5 2 I never had the tools to help when I fell off the wagon - I would just get miserable, feel like a failure and eat more to compensate, thus getting fatter and hating myself more for my weakness around food. Now I know that even if I DO put weight on (and I have, every time I go on holiday and eat more carbs than usual) when I get back I can go back to 5 2 properly and the weight will shift. And as others have said - I now know what 'real' hunger feels like - and I quite like it - what I mean is - I am listening to what my body tells me more these days. So when people knock 5 2 or say you shouldn't miss meals, blah blah, I just keep quiet and carry on as I am. Works for me - and many others.
Hi guys. Good to hear your stories, and that you managed to keep it going for so long. I have now been doing 5:2 for 1 year, and had my ups and downs (and recently ups due to 3 weeks of holiday). I mostly manage to do 5:2, but for some periods only 6:1 due to time schedule, and mostly managed to keep my weight at the same level.

What I experienced, is that I can enjoy good food on non fast days, without feeling guilty. Before, I was always thinking that I shouldn't eat this or that. And also, when I gain weight after holiday or a weekend trip, I know I have the tools to get it off again. And I know now that skipping breakfast or a meal won't kill me.

I know I have to stick to this in some way for the rest of my life. But it could be 6:1, or 16:8, or just an eating window for some of the days. I think that everything helps, as long as you remember that you can eat everything, but not every day! :-)
21 posts Page 2 of 2