The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

18 posts Page 1 of 2
Recently....
19 Apr 2014, 11:20
Hi

I have to say, I do find fasting into the evening (and night!) the worst part.

What I tend to do now is to fast for more days but slightly shorter periods. Once 5 or 6 O clock comes and I have my 600 cals [edit estimated] I just find it very difficult after that.

I ve not been good for a bit and have just help my own, now spot on the 12 stone and heading under 40 inches at the belt.

My physio now tells me I can run again which should help. I was out this morning doing some interval stuff.

Any advances on this?

David
Re: Recently....
19 Apr 2014, 13:05
My husband and I are the same way. We try to finish eating as early as reasonable the night before a fast. Then we don't eat until dinner at 6pm. To be honest, we will sometimes eat over our calorie allowance - but we make sure it's healthy food. Fruit, unsweetened yogurt, veg or protein are all okay. We try to avoid sugar, dessert, and foods that are more pleasure than healthy. Does that make sense?

Maybe our weight loss isn't the fastest but we're happy, losing and sticking with a program for over a year now!
19 Apr 2014, 15:12
Tracieknits wrote: My husband and I are the same way. We try to finish eating as early as reasonable the night before a fast. Then we don't eat until dinner at 6pm. To be honest, we will sometimes eat over our calorie allowance - but we make sure it's healthy food. Fruit, unsweetened yogurt, veg or protein are all okay. We try to avoid sugar, dessert, and foods that are more pleasure than healthy. Does that make sense?

Maybe our weight loss isn't the fastest but we're happy, losing and sticking with a program for over a year now!

It is working for you and it is sustainable.

:like:
19 Apr 2014, 15:32
A different approach could be to spread your calories over the day. I always did very light breakfast, lunch and something like 300 cals for dinner. Worked fine for me. Perhaps not the fastest way to lose weight, but speed should never be an issue: sustainability in the long run (motivation) is! Just experiment.
19 Apr 2014, 16:12
P-JK wrote: A different approach could be to spread your calories over the day. I always did very light breakfast, lunch and something like 300 cals for dinner. Worked fine for me. Perhaps not the fastest way to lose weight, but speed should never be an issue: sustainability in the long run (motivation) is! Just experiment.

Yes I've tried various ways.

Keeping myself going as best I can on coffee, lemon juice and the odd tomato, till 500 cals in evening is the best approach so far.

Eating 300 cal earlier doesn't have the carrot on the stick appeal for me that this method does.

AS I say keeping it going through the evening and night is hard work for me. I can suffer during the day a lot easier.
19 Apr 2014, 17:13
Hi David, I drink tea and water through out the day, my approach is to serve dinner as late as possible (no young kids) in the evening (8.30-9.30pm) having spent time cooking something special. I'm not home from work till after 7pm, so this works for me. Meanwhile I've taken up gardening, growing lot's from seed to keep me busy when at home! Bit like knitting. Being busy is certainly a distraction. I've cut carbs from my diet and I think that has been key for me. Hope that helps.
19 Apr 2014, 17:38
I know all too well what you mean David. It's half past six and I've just had my dinner. I think I'll wait a bit before I have my mousse...otherwise it's all over again!
19 Apr 2014, 18:43
Thanks.

BMI now down to 24 from some thing quite scary.....

I've just had a couple of boiled eggs this evening and feel fine with that. I had some pork chops andjust didn't fancy them. If I can learn to live off nothing that's fine by me ha ha. It's unusual for me though, maybe a beneficial side effect?
19 Apr 2014, 19:21
The way I find the easiest is fluid fasting with teas and water then miso and about 1pm I have my version of bulletproof coffee with a lot less of the fats eg butter and coconut oil butter. Yep it's like drinking coffee with an oil slick on top but it's the good fats and I get a good 4-6 hours where I forget about food completely. The brain like the fat too so it's a good time to do something cognitive. Then I get busy away from the kitchen doing bookwork or gardening. I switch fluid types to big tumbler of mineral water with a splash of lime around evening and usually I am heading to bed time all the way having water. If I am still needing something I complete the day with a low cal hot chocolate made on almond milk. I use stevia to sweeten. The hunger switch doesn't get flicked on for me and psychologically not thinking of food and eating makes things much easier.

I may find sometimes I can't do the distance and if that happens I have enough cals to make myself a bowl of salad with small can of tuna or some of the fabulous really low cal soups on this forum.
19 Apr 2014, 20:11
gillymary wrote: The way I find the easiest is fluid fasting with teas and water then miso and about 1pm I have my version of bulletproof coffee with a lot less of the fats eg butter and coconut oil butter. Yep it's like drinking coffee with an oil slick on top but it's the good fats and I get a good 4-6 hours where I forget about food completely. The brain like the fat too so it's a good time to do something cognitive. Then I get busy away from the kitchen doing bookwork or gardening. I switch fluid types to big tumbler of mineral water with a splash of lime around evening and usually I am heading to bed time all the way having water. If I am still needing something I complete the day with a low cal hot chocolate made on almond milk. I use stevia to sweeten. The hunger switch doesn't get flicked on for me and psychologically not thinking of food and eating makes things much easier.
I may find sometimes I can't do the distance and if that happens I have enough cals to make myself a bowl of salad with small can of tuna or some of the fabulous really low cal soups on this forum.

:like: :like:
19 Apr 2014, 21:04
Actually boiled eggs are great for helping you to feel full aren't they.
19 Apr 2014, 21:13
nursebean wrote: Actually boiled eggs are great for helping you to feel full aren't they.

They certainly work for me.

Two eggs scrambled would get no where.

I don't why.
19 Apr 2014, 21:15
That's so true...weird, huh? :confused:

Anyway, tomorrow my eggs are going to be chocolate! :shock:
19 Apr 2014, 22:20
nursebean wrote: That's so true...weird, huh? :confused:

Anyway, tomorrow my eggs are going to be chocolate! :shock:

doesn't sound very 52
20 Apr 2014, 09:49
But it is very beanieficial as our @nursebean has bean eggspecially good and become an eggspert at not having chocolate for such a long time it won't matter a bean if she has a chocolate eggstravaganza
18 posts Page 1 of 2