The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

19 posts Page 2 of 2
I can totally sympathise with this.
I've been following 5:2 since Jan 2013. My lowest weight was before my holiday last August (and once briefly a few weeks ago) Since then I've taken off the holiday weight but can't seem to get any lower than that. Over Christmas I had a small gain, took ages to get it off and couldn't get any lower and then last week we had 4 days away in Budapest with lots of lovely food and drink. I didn't fast for the whole week and gained 3 or 4 lbs I think. I know it's going to take me ages to lose those lbs and I know I'm going to really struggle to get any lower than that and I'm pretty damn frustrated too.
I dallied with 4.3 for a month or two (that's when I saw a new low briefly last month) but the week before I went away I gained despite doing 4:3, so frustrating!!
For me I think it's down to the carbs that I seem to go mad for on my feed days so I think I'm going to have a look at low carb plus 4:3 next week. It'll be tough and it's not the route I wanted to go down because I love my carbs and booze and that's why 5:2 seemed ideal for me at first but now it's no longer working I need to go hardcore to get rid of this stone and a half.
Hi,

New here but not to the diet.
I could have written your opening post...
Been fasting for over months; lost about 6 kg, was very happy. But very slowly and still fasting days it has started creeping up. Doing exactly the same level of activity as before. I'm not on +3kg, which I really can't ignore.

In the beginning, I could get away with nearly anything on feast days. Now I really need to watch it.

So,starting today, I'm going to be very strict with myself and reduce cheese, chocolate and alcohol quite drastically. Hopefully, it will work...
Hi @Mado and welcome aboard! One thing that springs to mind is, have you adjusted your TDEE? We need to watch that number as we lose. Good luck starting over.
Hi Nanou, Just wanted was to thank you and commiserate a bit. I was on the 5:2 for about 6mo. and then had a health problem that threw me off for a bit . I had lost 10 lbs. and was quite happy though I had visions of continuing on for another 10lbs and then just maintaining. Other than those details all the rest of your post fits my situation. It's very frustrating and I find the idea of starting in again really hard, because-as you said--I'm worried that my body metabolism will just keep adjusting. I am 72, active and strong--but I do get the feeling that this syndrome(I'll call it that) may have something to do with age and I wish Dr. Mosley ( or someone) would address it.
I have a theory that in the old, old, OLD days--caves and such--grandma would not survive if she couldn't subsist on very, very little since her procreative value was over and whatever group of humans couldn't afford to share much of the energy sources (ie:food). This adaptation was a stellar thing back then, but is counterproductive now.
but then I have theory about everything......
sherrmills
19 posts Page 2 of 2