The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

18 posts Page 2 of 2
@CharlieCook, you know that you aren't really 8:11! It will be retained water because you hit the carbs - big time! One fast will have you back down to your usual weight even if that is slightly higher than you would like! So don't worry!
Finding a way through maintenance is tricky for many of us. I find myself carrying an extra three pounds of fat around but I know exactly why! Over the last few weeks I have been buying, or making, and eating more sugary treats, which earlier in my maintenance I would definitely not have done. I will just have to break this habit and then all will be well!
I don't count calories. When I found this WOL I swore that I would never count a calorie again (I had years of yo-yo, calorie-counting, dieting stretching back nearly forty years) and I haven't - not even on fast days!
Sorry that this probably hasn't helped you much but at least you know that there are many of us in a similar boat and hopefully with Spring on its way it will become easier to address the 'winter weight' issue. Good luck!
Yes I agree with Stowie.,
If you've seen your goal weight or thereabouts you can get back there again.

You had a binge and after all that the weight is mostly water form the carbs. At least you recognise bad eating and know what you've done wrong.

So line drawn under and start a new week. Count your cals if that's your way of doing things and bounce back into the swing of it.

Good luck and maybe join the maintaining tent when you've got back to goal.
Charlie, 1400 calories a day with 2 days fasting is NOT sustainable unless you have the personality of a nun. I have eaten at 1450 for an entire year (long boring story why) but I let myself have days off every week or two because without doing that I would have felt like a prisoner. Food is too important a part of life and social interaction for me to be able to eat like that all the time.

So perhaps you are trying to maintain at too low a level. You have to keep the long time goal in mind. It's no use maintaining on so stringent a regimen for 2 or 3 years if you end up hitting the wall and going crazy the 4th year and packing it all back on.

So you have to find a weight that you can maintain at without feeling like your head is in a vise all the time. Sadly, this is often a weight above what one would want to weigh, but maintaining 5-10 lbs above goal is a whole lot better than blowing it all off and regaining 50-100 lbs. Which reading any diet board will tell you is what too many people end up doing.
18 posts Page 2 of 2