The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Standstill - Rant
21 Aug 2014, 10:00
Hi

I am on a plateau for the 3rd week now. I only re-started fasting about 5 weeks ago and the first week the weight loss was great (3.1kg), the second week was good (0.7kg) but since then I have not lost an ounce.

My arthritis is playing up something rotten and I am taken a lot of pain killers at present, often waking several times during the night with pain and only getting a few hours sleep while the pain killers are at their strongest.

As a direct result of the pain my IBS is playing up as well. So I know very well why I can't loose weight at present no matter how good I am and yet I am still disappointed with today's weigh in.

Sorry for rambling on but I had to get it off my chest and hubby just gave me a cuddle this morning saying hang in there. It was nice of him and I love that he supports me but I need to get the weight moving. If I manage to loose just 10% of my weight then I would be in a lot less pain as a direct result of the weight loss. I know that because of past experience, this is not hypothetical it actually happens.

Anyway thanks for letting me rage for while. Better get back to work now.
Re: Standstill - Rant
21 Aug 2014, 10:16
I feel for you Alexandra,as i too experience plateaus,painful health probs and bouts of insomnia .
Your hubby is right," hang on in there" ... What else can we do?
One thing is for sure,the health probs and insomnia mightnt vanish but you WILL see more weight loss and you will be thrilled by it! And like you said, then there' ll be some relief from arthritis
Don't forget to measure! Often the scales show no progress but the tapemeasure does!
Sending (((((((( hugs))))))) xx
21 Aug 2014, 10:17
Oh, poor you but how nice that your husband is so supportive. Try not to stress too much about your weight, it doen't help and you have enough on your plate, pun intended, at the moment just managing your pain. Relax, take things easy and eventually the weight will start to move again, good luck,

Ballerina x :heart:
21 Aug 2014, 10:23
Rant away @Alexandra and a Hug from me too :heart:
You do need to hang on in there and be patient, since your restart you've had a great couple of losses and as far as I can see totaling above average congratulate yourself on that loss, and the good old fashioned tape measure any change there because as you know our weightloss sometimes shows up there first. :clover: :clover: :clover:
21 Aug 2014, 10:52
It's a funny old game this fasting lark isn't it.
Just opened up the venting tent for a good airing. Maybe there are a few others who need a good vent.
Don't forget this is a doable, sustainable marathon and not an exhaustive, stressfully sprint.

fastonbury-glamping-grounds-f34/the-venting-tent-t12024.html?hilit=Venting%20tent
21 Aug 2014, 11:16
I have lots of empathy, @Alexandra. I used to plateau for up to 14 weeks at a time and it was thoroughly demoralising.

A couple of months ago I had to take NSAIDs for 5 weeks or so and my weight went up to 114.4lbs with the water retention. It's come down again to approx. 108lbs but I have some residual inflammation and difficulty sleeping that switches me back and forth between carrying so much water that I can scarcely move my sausage-like fingers in the morning and then looking like my skin's emptied when the water leaves.

The fasting does seem to have clear the inflammation more rapidly but there are still substantial water swings.

Your DH is behaving like a gem for this. :)

Good Luck. :clover:
21 Aug 2014, 11:49
Thank you everyone for the support. it's near lunch time and I am over my disapointment from this morning for now anyway.
@SSure - Some of NSAID are difficult to take. I don't like mine but if I don't take them regularly then I very quickly learn my mistake. So I take my cocktail of tablets as prescribed. However I find my DMARD ones far more tricky, having to really pay attention to the timespan between tablets as they do otherwise attack my blood. Not nice. Anyway, what is good for one is most of the time bad for something else.
21 Aug 2014, 21:56
Hello @alexandra - so sorry you are having a tough time at the moment. Vent away my dear....as that's what we are here for.....

Hope everything passes swiftly for you xx

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
21 Aug 2014, 22:56
Your OH sounds lovely and he is right - hang on in there. Buy some dandelion tea. Not everyone's taste, but it really helps get the water out.
9 posts Page 1 of 1