The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Target Jeans
31 Jan 2015, 10:17
On 2nd January, my husband announce he was going to see if there was anything in the sales. 'Do you want me to look for anything for you?' he asked.

It was tricky to answer, as I sat there in my dressing gown, knowing that my wardrobe was full of clothes that were on the snug side. Decision made - 'Size 14 long blue jeans, please.' Every pair of jeans I own is size 16, who was I kidding?

He returned with a haul for the whole family. There was a spontaneous dressing up session, and somehow I ended up with all three of my teenage children and my husband in my bedroom as I began to squeeze myself into the jeans I had requested. Lying in the floor, grunting as I tried to tuck rolls of flesh out of the way to do up the buttons, my 16yo DD helpfully suggested, between fits of laughter, that they could be my 'target jeans'.

So here I am, at the end of the month after 4 weeks of IF, wearing my new jeans. OK, they are still little tight, but I didn't need to lie down to fasten them and I am a long way off my goal weight, but it is important to mark milestones. Setting myself a new one of needing to get rid of all the size 16 I have, not even a 'just in case' pair, by the end of April.

Wish you all similar success :victory:
Re: Target Jeans
31 Jan 2015, 10:26
Well done @Effie, how satisfying! (and motivating!)
31 Jan 2015, 11:33
Hi Effie, sounds like you have had a great month - congrats! And very best wishes that your success continues. :)
31 Jan 2015, 11:39
Oh i really enjoyed yr story Effie! Well done! X onwards and downwards ! X
31 Jan 2015, 12:35
Go Effie. Go Effie. Oh the joy of next size down jeans. Image
31 Jan 2015, 13:21
Well done Effie doesn't it feel great and motivating :like:
My husband bought me a coat for Christmas , its gorgeous but it was tight particularly on the arms, although he bought my usual size :oops: I put it on to go out on boxing day and I felt like I was in a straight jacket :oops: that was just one of a long list of reasons I realised I needed to shift some weight. I wore it today and although its still too small the arms were more comfortouble and I didn't feel like a stuffed pig in it :wink: I hope before the end of winter to be able to wear it comfortoubly. Taking it back for a larger size was not an option, I was determined I would slim down.
31 Jan 2015, 16:56
Congrats @Effie! I think they're the best sort of motivators - when you are in smaller clothes and it hits you that you are LOSING WEIGHT! How fab! :-)
31 Jan 2015, 18:17
Yes! If you haven't got it, flaunt it. :lol:
8 posts Page 1 of 1