The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Tiny victory, but...
28 Nov 2014, 14:06
Today's a fast day. It's been going great so far (almost finished 4 weeks in back on 5:2), though I'd not really tested my will power and determination until just now.

I had to get my son to a physiotherapy appointment today where they really poked and prodded him. He put up with it so well that I promised him any lunch he wanted.. well, he asked for some fish and chips from the local chippy.. true to my word I got him his f+c and we drove the remaining 8 miles homes, me almost DROOLing over the magical smell, him gleefully enjoying his earned reward. And unlike in the past I didn't playfully 'steal' a few chips. I endured it! It felt great to feel so utterly calm and detached in the face of such a delicious smell in such tight quarters! (Of course now I'm trying to conspire a way to make a fish and chip soup that's under 400 calories....)

Tiny victory but it's helping me see that my mindset is really shifting. Of course I love these yummy foods, and of course I might have some in the future (in moderation and on a feed day), but I don't *need* them... not at all. <ladylike fist pump>
Re: Tiny victory, but...
28 Nov 2014, 16:44
Well done, must have been torture. I always find that someone else's f+c's smell better than your own. Or is that just me. Anyhow there's always tomorrow.
My mouths watering now.
28 Nov 2014, 17:32
That's the way to do it!
28 Nov 2014, 18:26
I'd say that's quite a big victory! The smell of food cooking (and more than anything really,f and c) really gives me an appetite ..well done ..and tomorrow,if you want them,you can have some! X
28 Nov 2014, 19:39
Well done you, that is a big victory. And what a good feeling when you're in control. :) <ladylike fist pump back at you> :)
28 Nov 2014, 20:17
That is fantastic! You are awesome! And what a great discovery! You are in control of food .food isn't in control of you! And you can have it tomorrow if you want to. Now I want fish and chips! Sounds like your sons a real trooper with a lovely Mum.
Xxx julianna
28 Nov 2014, 20:37
@ladantrying? Tiny victory? I'd say that was gargantuan! If you can resist the smell of fish n chips when you're hungry...you can resist anything!
...and for the record...I couldn't have done it :wink:
Bean xx
28 Nov 2014, 20:51
Fantastic! Well done you. My hubby kindly came home at three this afternoon and cooked himself a bacon sandwich just when I'm starting to battle the hunger pangs. I didn't give in though.
28 Nov 2014, 21:46
I can relate to the yummy smells being difficult; on one light day, I was buying fruit at the farmer's market, but the pizza oven was right next door! I didn't give in, but realized that smells are more tantalizing than even vision. Now, I'll cook for my son on light days (he's 25, so he doesn't "need" me to), but we have a rule: No yummy smells; sandwiches or the like are OK. Good for you! (But probably better to avoid when possible...)
9 posts Page 1 of 1