The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Half Way There!
19 Jan 2013, 23:04
My weight in September when I started 5:2 was 107kg. I'm aiming for 82kg. This morning I weighed in at 94.4kg. Past the half-way mark!

I've said this before but it bears repeating: I don't see this as a short term diet but as a long term strategy to get my weight into the "healthy" range and keep it there. I plan to start varying the number of fast days once I reach my target weight in order to maintain it and not become underweight. I'm a narrow shouldered guy without much upper body strength so I'm aiming for the low end of what's considered to be a normal BMI for my height.
Re: Half Way There!
20 Jan 2013, 09:24
Awesome results and an inspiration :)
20 Jan 2013, 10:20
Well done! :D

That's very encouraging for those of us who have just started.

Great to hear about everybody's progress. Shows it works which is a good thought on fast days!
Jo
20 Jan 2013, 10:54
Fabulous! I was thinking about sustainability this morning and so glad I read your post. Well done, you must be feeling very pleased. I think you are so right regarding your strategy to get your weight into the "healthy" range and keep it there - this is the key for me and I will only feel totally reassured when I have "kept it there" without any backsliding. I have to keep reminding myself that it is not just about losing weight.

This week I have more social activities than usual so will have to be careful to ensure my 2 days are honoured.

I look forward to hearing more about your progress - and all other 5:2 people too.

Anne
20 Feb 2013, 09:43
Well done, I'm also seeing this as a lifetime thing.
20 Feb 2013, 13:00
Well done, gives me hope!
20 Feb 2013, 13:14
Very well done & what a wonderful weight loss. Reading your post is certainly encouraging as I also want to get to a healthy BMI & maintain it. But still a long way to go for me! ;)
20 Feb 2013, 13:58
Thanks guys! As I mentioned in other posts I also recently bought some 34" waist jeans for the first time in ages. My weight loss hasn't been spectacularly huge each week but it's been continually in the right direction. Hoping to be safely within the "normal" BMI range before summer. :-)
20 Feb 2013, 18:06
Well done! :D It's so encouraging as a new 5:2 "faster" to read that this really works. I've done so many diets over the years and lost weight only to pile it back on over the months/years. :(
This 2 days of fasting is something I feel I can sustain when I REALLY do get to grip with it. Today is a fast day and all is going well so far. Feeling very optimistic for about a healthier, fitter and slimmer ME by Christmas.
20 Feb 2013, 21:04
I think the key to 5:2 is that every fast day, even if you're feeling hungy, you know that next day you'll be able to eat normally. No cutting out of this or that. It's what makes it seem like a viable long-term lifestyle for me.
20 Feb 2013, 23:00
Thanks that's a good thought. :)

I'm struggling to get back on it after two weeks off and weight back on.

I did feel good doing it - must try again.

Everything goes out the window when I'm busy with work - bad habit!
11 posts Page 1 of 1