The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Milestone
10 Mar 2013, 09:22
:victory:
14 lbs (a whole stone) in exactly 8 months. Thrilled. It works out at about half a pound a week because of blips during Christmas, a bad back and a winter cold which created peaks in the Tracker, but the real result is going to our caravan for last week and still losing weight rather than putting it on. WOL working.

At 9st 4lb I am close to what is supposed to be my ideal weight but being very small boned, still have a tiresome layer of plumpness and a bodyfat ratio only just under 30%. Now will have to reduce a little at a time and check additional ageing wrinkles against ounces lost until a good balance is reached.
Re: Milestone
10 Mar 2013, 09:29
Well done for sticking with it and getting a good result. I am sure you will be able to keep going until you are completely happy with your weight.
10 Mar 2013, 09:35
It's time at our caravan that has undone us!
This year, it'll be different; we will be acccompanied by My fitness pal!!
10 Mar 2013, 09:44
Great result - well done! :cool:
10 Mar 2013, 09:45
At 9st 4lbs you surely will need to be careful stepping off the footpath otherwise you might slip down a drain! The late Dr Roy Walford who studied low calorie dieting said that losing weight too quickly was harmful; having lost a stone over 8 mos sounds about right.
10 Mar 2013, 10:53
In response to Nora Boswell, your 'Milestone' is very impressive, and very well done.
Did I see on one of your earlier postings that you were due to have your blood profile done?
If so, are you able to share the results with us, please?
10 Mar 2013, 12:48
Waiting for blood results. Surgery will need pushing to give me all the info but hope to get it soon. Will post when I get them. Thank you all for your helpful support.
10 Mar 2013, 12:55
Well done Nora, congratulations! :grin:
I got my bloods back today but not sure if I fully understand them. The first answer was that they were all within 'Normal' for my age 64, height 5.575", weight 9st 4lbs, BP 130/70. So here they are:

Fasting Glucose 5.5
Cholesterol 4
HDL 1.6
LDL 4
Serum HDL ratio cholesterol 3.8
Serum overall cholesterol 6.1

Happy that I have 'nothing to worry about' but any idea what any of this actually means? :?: :oops:

I've relisted this under the title Bloods, in case others wanted to share, too.
9 posts Page 1 of 1