The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Approaching 1st stone
17 Mar 2013, 09:03
Just updated my tracker and I have lost 13lbs in 5 weeks, so all set for hitting the first stone next Sunday, one down 3 to go!
I hope this encourages other 5:2 newbies, it's the first time I have stuck to something for more than a month and that's because a) it's relatively easy and b) I can see and feel the results!

:like:
Re: Approaching 1st stone
17 Mar 2013, 09:18
Congratulations to you!!1 I am very much the same l have lost 13lb in 4 weeks and about another 3 stone to go. I have also lost 9 inches off my body, especially waist & belly. It is a great easy diet, l dont cound calories on non fast days but try no to go too mad & stick to 500 calories 2 days a week. Good luck with the rest of your journey xxxx
17 Mar 2013, 09:22
snap 1 stone in 5 weeks so easy
17 Mar 2013, 09:23
Congratulations to both of you! It's a great feeling when you find a WOE which actually works, isn't it?

I've got 1.5 lb to go to my first stone, but I think that I've probably got less to lose than you so it is coming off more slowly (seven weeks).

Keep going - because we're worth it!
17 Mar 2013, 09:34
My congratulations too Hippychoc. I passed this milestone a little while ago but took much longer to get there than you.

Still now we are an international forum we should probably celebrate approaching 1st 14 lbs, not 1st stone :wink: Doesn't sound as momentous though...
17 Mar 2013, 09:52
Me too. 13.88 Ibs off in 6 weeks, so that precious first milestone is to be celebrated when I weigh- in next Friday a.m. Keeping it together and enjoying this new way of life. I too have a further 3 stone to shed & massively high BMI to reduce.
Well done to all. X
17 Mar 2013, 10:01
all this is very encouraging,,i tried the Atkins diet and was very quickly disenchanted as i love veggies,this is so easy,SO FAR!!!,so far so good,my legs have lost the bloated feeling that set me off on this diet,Ive never been as heavy as this even when pregnant,i so want to get down to 75 kilos,living in France is terrible for the waistline,too much cheese and wine,but i find the fasting days set me up to eat less the next day,ive given up on buttered toast,and am putting water in my wine,,,for the moment,,,good luck to us all,
17 Mar 2013, 10:05
Hi netty and welcome! :)

netty wrote: am putting water in my wine
:shock: :bugeyes:
17 Mar 2013, 10:45
izzy - there is no right or wrong with this WOE, you should just do what suits you best! As long as you have enough calories on your feed days, and restrict on your fast days then that is all there it to it! :)

Leave all the nerdy stuff to the nerds (no offence meant, guys), and do what you feel is best for you. If you are getting somewhere near an average loss of 1lb a week then you are doing it right for you. :)
17 Mar 2013, 11:01
Well done losers :-) Im 11lbs down since 19 feb and cant wait to lose a stone. Seems to be goig slow now but losing inches fst so Im delighted with that. Good luck on getting to that mileSTONE everyone
17 Mar 2013, 11:09
I agree with Jemima! Us nerds can be offputting even if we don't mean to be! This diet is incredibly easy to understand* and it works, the rest is just noise.

* For any two days in each week, not one after the other, limit your intake to 500 calories (for a woman) or 600 (for a man).

Er, that's it. How hard can it be? How did they manage to make a book out of that? How did this forum get 18000+ posts? :wink:
17 Mar 2013, 12:10
I agree with Dominic. Although I am definitely in the Nerdy camp and I love the discussions about TDEE, body fat, BMI, insulin levels etc., the reality is that you need to work out how to do the fast days in a way that makes them easier for YOU. The key for me was getting used to black coffee without sugar and, once I had mastered that dark art, then everything else fell into place. Drinking lots of water is essential but everything else is variable. Don't go mad on your other days but don't get hung up on what you should/shouldn't eat either. That is the beautiful simplicity of it.
17 Mar 2013, 12:19
This is all so inspiring! Thank you all for posting your success. I have my first weigh in tomorrow morning (sneaky peaks look promising!) but won't be able to post about it unless I get time to log on early as this site is blocked at work!
17 Mar 2013, 21:29
Well done all the losers it is a great milestone which I also reached last week.
As to nerdy, well I love reading all that stuff but my approach is not nerdy in the slightest.

I don't count calories at all. I have a rough idea about them and stick to simple healthy foods on fast days. Other times I eat normally including home made meals, cakes etc, lots of fruit and good things. I'm no saint though!

I try to keep active and get weighed once a week.

So far so good, here's to the next stone everyone.
14 posts Page 1 of 1