The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Well chuffed, but Easter looms!
29 Mar 2013, 08:55
Hi All,

Just had my three week weigh in and have lost half a stone (1lb before I started 5:2) so absolutely thrilled. Also lost 4 inches off my waist not sure where that has gone! I haven't been this weight for ages and I've still got another three stone to go but actually feel like I'm going to be able to do it this time.
I have to say yesterday was my worst fast day as I seemed to feel hungry all day and eventually went to bed to forget about it. I am going to change my fast day to Tuesday instead of Monday as there are bound to be Easter eggs lurking around and don't want to feel a failure on a fast day. For chocoholics like me Easter is a challenge, how are fellow chocolate fanciers going to cope?

Happy Easter to all,

Sally :smile:
Great progress Sally, especially off the waist as this is really the most important.

I'm not going to avoid all chocolate over Easter but might try to limit my consumption of the real sugary rubbish and enjoy the dark stuff.

Any theory why you found Thursday hard? Did you eat something different on Wednesday (esp in the evening)?
Happy Easter Sally and well done on your loss - weight and inches :like: .

I have struggled with choccy - even the dark stuff, tend to eat too much. I have tried to not have it in the house but bought 2 tiny boxes of mini eggs yesterday. I meant to have one yesterday and one on Saturday but ended up eating both :oops: (around 400 cals!). ARGH! :curse:

Never mind I am fasting today. :starving:
Nice work Sally :grin:

I have to say I am fully planning on eating loads of chocolate this weekend. I also normally fast on a Monday but the beauty of this WOE is the flexibility so I'm doing Tuesday and Friday next week instead I think. What other diets let you do that without feeling like a failure? :grin:
I think I'm just going to try and filter the choccy in over feast day's and try not to have a binge but we'll see how that goes, and let you know if it was a mistake.
Dominic, I can't actually remember what I had the night before I've got such a bad memory! I think my mistake was in having some lunch on my fast day instead of just sticking to dinner, for me and it seems a lot of people on here having food earlier in the day just sets of the gastric juices. I'm going to stick to dinner on my next fast day and see if it really does make any difference.

Sally
Another chocoholic here, I'm going for damage limitation by buying a box of 12 M&S prettily decorated little eggs that I'll share with DH & DS. If we start them tonight that's 1 each every night over Easter,the pair of them will be counting so I can't nick any!
Sal151 wrote: I think my mistake was in having some lunch on my fast day instead of just sticking to dinner, for me and it seems a lot of people on here having food earlier in the day just sets of the gastric juices.

Yes I am the same. Hope it works better for you next time.
Pleased to say that Greek Easter and chocolate aren't very much related. We do have Easter eggs but most of us see them as decoration items.
There are also some mini eggs and bunnies which I will buy and decorate later on and then feed them to the guests.
There are some sort of Easter cookies which I don't fancy and a sweet bread that I always save for my post-Easter breakfasts.
But, do not worry about me. I plan to eat half a lamb, among others!
Weigh day for me is Monday. I'm on a roll with my losses and I want to keep it that way. Easter has never been a big deal for me. I'll have a couple of Hot Cross Buns, a nice roast on Sunday and a couple of creme eggs. No biggy and no gain on Monday morning.
9 posts Page 1 of 1