The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Weighed in today
24 Sep 2014, 08:42
Well after my restart on Sunday which the day started off good but the usual at night watching tv I started noticing the hunger pangs more. Gave in and had a pear and a couple of light crackers. Anyway all in I ended up around 800 calories on the first day :oops:
Second fast day, yesterday, again good all day then after dinner my son produces a cookie from his school bag, 3 to be exact. 1 for him, 1 for dad and 1 for me lol
Well, I gave in again and didnt even enjoy it :curse:
So again, topped the day around 800 calories

This morning my weight was down 3 lbs :grin:

So this has gave me a whole new strength and determination to make this work this time and to realise that even wee blips here and there doesnt have to ruin a whole week, which is my norm and a habit I really have to break and hopefully now I can :victory:
Re: Weighed in today
24 Sep 2014, 08:49
Congratulations @Meadow43 on your weightloss yes this WOL is very forgiving and allows us the occasional blip, however I'm finding its not as forgiving later down the journey what I got away with last year I don't now as my TDEE reduces I really need to take this into consideration.
Well done you've done a great job and that loss will provide you with the motivation to carry you onwards. :clover: :clover: Sue
24 Sep 2014, 11:47
That's fantastic :-)

It's tough learning not to eat things that just aren't worth the calories - especially when it's a gift or you paid good money for it. But it's really good for our health to stop when it's not enjoyable.
24 Sep 2014, 14:11
Hi, well done on starting again! :) Ignoring those hunger pangs can be SOOOO hard, and finding the distraction that works can also be difficult - for example, in the evening we generally don't want to drink too much, do we?!! Doesn't sound like you gave in too much, nor did your body punish you for it (this time... as others warn).

On fast days, I often do allow myself something sweet just before bed, so knowing I can have that can stop me giving into other things earlier in the evening. If I do HAVE to have something earlier cos the hunger pangs don't shift, I try a couple of Brazil nuts, or even an apple. Maybe not ideal, but better than many alternatives.

Best wishes for your restart! :)
24 Sep 2014, 15:05
Well done @Meadow43 - you've made a good start and can see the results, which is excellent. Just see your 800 cal days as "training" for fasting properly and don't let that become the norm (unless that's what your TDEE for a fast day is - unlikely!).

Once you really get in "the zone" you'll find you turn things down because they're just not worth it - losing weight is better than eating that cream cake/drinking that wine - honestly!

:like: :clover:
24 Sep 2014, 15:50
Well done for such a fantastic start, and you're already eating mindfully. Don't forget to use the tracker and measure everywhere, including your knees.
Anyway as everyone has given such sound advice, all I can add is that a few cals saved for that long long evening help me out tremendously. Sugar free jelly, a few raspberries. A low cal hot chocloate or a few squares of dark chocolate. Even a spoonful, of Nutella. :bugeyes:
Good luck and keep coming back to let us know how it's all going.
24 Sep 2014, 16:11
Hay there @meadow43. I have had to stop watching tv in the evenings. I go to bed about 9pm with a book or my tablet and the internet. The couch definately make me gain weight!

Like Sassy1 and Carieoates advised, I too keep a little something for the evenings. My favourite is a chocolate protien shake for 80cals. The protien takes the edge off the hunger and the choccy flavour hits that sweet spot.

Flip it, I want 1 now, but I had toast earlier and wont have the cals. :cry:
25 Sep 2014, 06:41
:bugeyes: Who mentioned Nutella @Carieoates! :bugeyes: :shock: :oops: :shock: :shock: :shock:
8 posts Page 1 of 1