The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Fast Wednesday, July 1, 2015
01 Jul 2015, 00:35
After a weekend with friends, that involved some big meals but also some skipped meals, I had a train wreck of a day yesterday. So… today feels much needed. I have another friend around this coming weekend, but after that I really need to buckle down.

Anyway, good luck Wednesday fasters! :clover: :clover:
I'm with you. Big weekend of food, drink and merriment.
Today I'm planning a soft fast, as I'm having a prawn salad for lunch with celeriac coleslaw.
May just have a very light dinner due to the fact that I'm going to an exercise class in a very warm school hall this eve. So may not be very hungry after. Will Definately be sweaty.
Good luck @MaryAnn :clover:
I'm in for today as well - second fast of the week ... might need a third one on Friday as I don't seem to be moving towards my Super Summer Challenge goal quickly enough ... maybe I need to just be more patient ...
Anyway, nice black coffee now! Planning to have no food (but then again, might have some strawberries and yoghurt after my Kettlebell class).
Wish it was as warm up here as down South...
Good fasting everybody!
I'm glad to hear everyone is exercising too. I'll hit the gym later. I think I'll run on the treadmill today...
Joining my fasting friends for a grrrrrreat day today!
Its so hot,it should be easy not to eat ! X
I'm in! I fast Monday/Wednesday but like Turtlegirl I'm now including Fridays and shifting to 3:4.

I'm only doing basic exercise, 20 min walks and light resistance training, but it's helping my mobility to improve.

Just one meal for me this evening around 8pm if I can hold out on just black coffee and water. It's still not as easy as it was to breeze through my long fast days since my holiday but each one gets better. Have to make the most of this quieter social month to shift as much weight as possible as August is a full on social month with a wedding, my birthday, nieces birthday, a day at the races and a weekend away so far.

Good luck to you all.
I'm fasting today - just because it seemed a good idea! I am just slightly lower than my target weight but a bit of 'wiggle room' never hurts! :grin:
I helped at RDA (Riding for the Disabled) this morning, with my fitbit left on the bed at home - how irritating is that!!!!!. I was walking alongside a pony for about an hour and a half, in all this heat, without a single step counting towards my daily goal! Never mind, I'm folk dancing this evening, unless it's too hot to go, so that should add to my steps.
:clover: Good luck to all who are fasting today! :clover: Onwards and downwards! :smile: :victory:
I'm in today! This is my 2nd fast of the week. I splurged yesterday and had ice cream with friends and also had lunch at a restaurant with my boyfriend. I think I stayed below TDEE though since I didn't eat breakfast or dinner. Only had some snacks. I'm down a pound from Friday and I'm pretty sure it has to be water weight, but it's still very motivating! Results make fasting that much easier. I've been scheduling workouts early, before noon, and I don't eat beforehand. I was reading recently that fasting before a workout helps to burn more calories. I think this has to be true as the weight is just sliding off now. I'm definitely going to keep this up!
A bit late but I'm in today. Much needed as my step-daughter and family have been staying for a week, lots of nice meals and wine. We dropped them at the airport earlier and I now have 8 days before our friends arrive for 5 days and we are out to dinner 5 times during those 8 :confused: I will have to be very strict around these meals. Good luck everyone
I'm fasting today. Just finished my evening meal of vegetarian split pea soup. I had a handful of walnuts earlier as a snack, so the rest of the evening will be water and maybe some herbal tea.
10 posts Page 1 of 1