The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting Friday 27 November
27 Nov 2015, 09:28
I'm fasting today instead of yesterday as we held a 'Big Dinner' fundraiser at work - lovely canapés and food cooked by colleagues. I won a box of fine wines and champagnes, so that's Xmas sorted :wink: They served the ‘Bloody Rosemary’ cocktail blends artisanal gin distilled here in London with home-made rosemary cordial, orange liqueur, freshly squeezed lemon, angostura bitters, Spanish blood oranges and fresh rosemary. Served long on ice, it was delish :wink: We raised £2k :victory:

After all the above I'm in the Friday fasting mood. Fluids till dinner time. Anyone joining me today?
Re: Fasting Friday 27 November
27 Nov 2015, 10:33
:clover: have a good day @Lizbean I'm here too. What a great cocktail you described and WON a raffle too. l had to do official things in Salisbury this morning. Decided to quickly leave the shopping scene as it's too early for me to think about Christmas. Dentist this afternoon, horror, so maybe I won't be able to eat anything at dinner....delicious chicken and veg. (Don't think that this will be the case somehow.) Having fluids till then, and feeling fine. Weather grey and damp where we live.
27 Nov 2015, 19:37
Hi @Katharina I hope the dentist experience went as well as can do, it's darn hard to remember it's a positive step regardless. I'm just through the door from work. I always sit and relax for 30 mins before thinking about dinner/food. Tonight is chilli prawns and winter greens spaghetti. At bedtime I'll enjoy a miso soup. I introduced this recently, it really helps me settle. Anyone else tried that?
27 Nov 2015, 21:58
Hi all its nearing the end of the day here.
So far it's been lots of cups of teas and water infused with lemon slices.
It's chicken soup for dinner. Gotta be up early in the morning plus I'm not really hungry so it will something be light.
I'm fasting every other day or doing the 4:3 depending on my weekend and so after yesterday's feasting the appetite is almost non existent today.

@lizbean. I haven't tried miso just before bed. I've had it for lunch though. Got the yo sushi sachets but know the original miso paste makes a much better soup. How do you make yours?

@katharina hope your dentist visit went well?
27 Nov 2015, 22:43
Hi @Ketchup pleased to hear you had a good day. :like: I too love fresh lemon/lime in my water on a fast day. I'm currently buying Clearspring miso soup sachets. There are many good brands out there and it's nice to have a change from time to time. I find if I can make it with fluids to dinner time, sometimes a miso towards bedtime is very welcome. Last drink I have before bed is a glass of water.
28 Nov 2015, 02:07
I'm in today; yesterday was Thanksgiving, so happy to make up for all the food today! Day off work, so got up late and a little off my usual schedule, but after 6pm and close to being ready for first food of the day.
28 Nov 2015, 06:16
Hi @Lizbean and @Ketchup38 thanks for your thoughts...the dentist was fine. It's nice when nothing needs treatment after all that dread! Fasting went well.( I enjoyed a dill pickle and a hardboiled egg snack around lunch time, but dinner was best of all). Hope your fasts left you feeling good. I feel well after the fast day, - and now the Christmas challenge helps on the normal days.
7 posts Page 1 of 1