The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
I am fasting again. the weight is not going down and this is feeling hard. Most of my clothes do not fit me. :frown: I am tired of being 56, something kilos. for ages and ages I was easily in the 55,something range :doh: But plodding on. I am thinking that somewhere this gotta show some results - in an other universe? :confused: I wish I could eat something now :starving: . Have to wait till dinner time :razz:
Unfortunately, weight loss can be a slow process. Just keep at it and it will come off eventually!
Dear @Margotsylvia

I hear your frustration. I know I have mentioned this before, and I understand that you don't find fasting difficult, but why don't you take a break from trying to lose weight and instead concentrate on eating mainly whole foods according to hunger. I do also know you generally eat nutritiously, but maybe the stress of trying to lose weight is not helping you at the moment. Why not give yourself a week or two of not fasting or aiming to lose weight, then come back to fasting and see what happens.

It does appear that for some of us, fasting does not work as well the second (or third or fourth...) time around.

I know you have had to deal with injuries, but could you increase your exercise a bit? Do you manage to do at least 10,000 steps a day, for example?

The main thing to do is look after your health and wellbeing. Best wishes. :smile:

(Btw I totally understand how it feels when clothes feel uncomfortable. Hopefully you have some clothes that are okay - so why not wear your bigger clothes for a while.)
dear Sassy,

Thank you and all for encouraging words. I do have some 'too big' clothes that now fit. A fat neighbor gave me a pair of trousers - that no longer fitted her. And they have been a real life saver. The other day I walked 8 kilometers and hurt my hip so that now I can hardly walk. :frown:
Oh dear, Margotsylvia, even walking is causing you problems. Do take it easy!
5 posts Page 1 of 1