The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Trying to, anyway. Haven't managed a fast day in a while...

VERY QUIET in the forum...

BUT 5:2 still has followers out there! Two of my friends from art class are on 5:2, one is just starting, the other has been following the plan for a few months and has had remarkable results. She is a very determined woman - she doesn't do anything by halves and once she starts something, she sticks with it. I am rather envious...

I also met someone while bushwalking who uses 5:2 from time to time when she feels like a detox. She lost weight initially just through portion control, but likes the cleansing feeling of a fast day.

So I am trying to use their experiences as motivation to get me through the day. One reason I haven't been fasting is that I have increased my exercise level (again) in preparation for a 6-day hike around Mt Blanc later this year. When I exercise hard, I do find that I need to eat - both that day and the day afterwards. And as I am exercising hard a few days a week, finding a day to fast is difficult. (In theory the extra exercise could help compensate for not fasting, but the extra food I eat means no weight loss, maybe even a gain - which I know is one reason why lots of exercise is not recommended if trying to lose weight...)

Anyway, is anyone else fasting today?
I am fasting every day these days. I agree, it is far too quiet at the forum. I am still trying to lose the extra kilos I put on when I had my accident. I still do not fit into my regular clothes :frown: , I try and keep going with the fasting. Wat else is there to do?
2 posts Page 1 of 1