The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Well, I'm back after an absence of three weeks when my body was into eating overdrive and my head wanted nothing to do with fasting or even sensible eating! The result is that I have gained seven pounds back of the eight pounds that I had lost on the Halloween Challenge!!!! :shock:

However, I am now back with my head in a better space and just less than nine weeks before I have to fit into my 'cruise' clothes for a Christmas cruise to the Canary Isles! So today nothing except black, decaf tea and water until dinner this evening. Keeping busy is the order of the day. I have a walk with our dog planned for later and, in the meantime, there is quite a bit of work to be done on the computer. Busy fingers cut down on eating opportunities! :smile:

I hope that there are others fasting today and if so - stay strong and check in! If not, I shall do it on my own! Whatever your plans for the day - make it a happy one! :smile: :grin: :smile: :victory:
Hi, I'm joining you today, didn't plan for it, just work up feeling full and have managed to carry on so far. Not fasting regularly, but actually enjoy it when I get around to doing one.

Good luck getting ready for the cruise! :like: :clover:
Thanks, @Egduf, just you and me then! :smile:
Morning! Newbie to this site but a veteran of the battle. I am following a 'buffet' of methods - HCG, KETO, and IF. I am fasting Mon/Wed/Fri currently. I suffer from insatiable hunger from the minute I wake up until dinner. Getting carbs and sugar out of my body was a game changer. Doing rounds of HCG, even more so. I never thought I could survive fasting, but I'm really not struggling. After reading The Obesity Code, it all made a lot of sense.
It's only 9:30am here so just getting started, but my head is in the right place and a lot of times, for me, that's half the battle!
Well, I made it through the day. We had baked cod, green beans, carrots and boiled new potatoes for dinner at 7pm. I only had three of the tiniest potatoes you will ever see so I will count that as a win. We followed it with an orange and grape fruit salad and then later in the evening I had a weak. low calorie drinking chocolate and three fresh walnuts from our tree. The total calories for the day was probably over 500 calories but not enough for me to be concerned about. It is a relief to have a good fast under my belt. Onwards and downwards! :victory: :victory: :victory: :smile:
Hi @Stowgateresident

Great to hear that you have your mojo back - as it was so unlike you not to be able /not wanting to fast when you decided you need to! :grin:

I always have a small amount of potato on a fast day, as well as some other starchy veg, so don't feel guilty about your lovely new potatoes. We don't get such good new potatoes here as you do in England - whenever we visited, mum always made me buy those - though who could stop at 3 little ones!! (In general the fruit and veg you can buy in your supermarkets is superior (eg tastier) to what we can buy in ours, I find. I wonder if it is because our warmer climate means we water the veg a lot more??)

Home grown walnuts too - how wonderful. The cockatoos eat all of ours before they even have a chance to ripen. :(

Best wishes. :clover: :smile:
6 posts Page 1 of 1