The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

16 posts Page 1 of 2
Fasting Today Monday 27th July
27 Jul 2015, 00:05
Week 2 this week after completing 2 fast days last week. Going for 3rd time lucky with 5:2 but already it's amazing how much ore confident/motivated that this actually does work, even after 1 week. Haven't ventured onto the scales yet but that is this weeks plan and then go from there. Good Luck all!
:clover: Very good luck to you on your second week@wilson. I am in today and its been more than two years. Last night I was looking at some photos from few years ago and noticed how much more I like myself in the more recent ones. :clover:
Good morning, @Wilson. Thank you for starting the thread today. I am fasting. It's so good to read your enthusiasm and yes, it certainly does work and isn't too hard. It's a bit hard for me though because I'm into my 3rd year of doing it and have got a bit laksidasical about calories. Mr Spell check says there's no such word. I have been eating over my 500 limit and as i am short that is too much and as a result my weight loss has stalled for quite a while. Today I am under a new regime and am going to weigh and measure and count calories like it is my first fast. Last night I made cottage cheese and I'm going to have that with blackberries for breakfast this morning. I will buy some miso soup and start having that as I did in the first year when I get ravenous in the afternoon. Mushroom soup for dinner is the plan. No wine.
Sallyo wrote: Good morning, @Wilson. Thank you for starting the thread today. I am fasting. It's so good to read your enthusiasm and yes, it certainly does work and isn't too hard. It's a bit hard for me though because I'm into my 3rd year of doing it and have got a bit laksidasical about calories. Mr Spell check says there's no such word. I have been eating over my 500 limit and as i am short that is too much and as a result my weight loss has stalled for quite a while. Today I am under a new regime and am going to weigh and measure and count calories like it is my first fast. Last night I made cottage cheese and I'm going to have that with blackberries for breakfast this morning. I will buy some miso soup and start having that as I did in the first year when I get ravenous in the afternoon. Mushroom soup for dinner is the plan. No wine.

Sounds like a good approach! For those in Oz Woolworths sells a Vietnamese 'Pho' Soup in a pouch and the whole pouch is only 100Cals and very tasty indeed - has Noodles made from that vegetable thingy..?? Anyway it's in the Soup section :victory:
lackadaisical? (I had to look it up)

konjac root? I've thought of using them in soups and Asian noodle salads. I haven't been brave enough to try yet. They have the same consistency as glass (rice) noodles, so why not. Plus they already taste a bit fishy…

oh, I'm in today, too. Good luck, Monday fasters! :clover: :clover:
Hi everyone

I'm in today as well. I have a lot more motivation and focus and a better commitment to this WOE and it's working.

Enjoy the fast day and take care.

Cheers
Maggie
I'm fasting today, back to my normal routine. This evening I have a visitor for a working supper - not sure what to serve :?: Perhaps salad, cheese and meats.
Good luck Wilson and all Monday fasters. :clover: :victory:
Good morning Monday fasters, it's the first Monday of the six weeks holidays for me and it's time to knuckle down and stay focused on healthy mindful eating. Going low carb, so the low carb tent flaps will be tied back now for easy access.
HI all, lovely to see you all. I will look out for that soup, @Wilson. I am also having a working supper, @Lizbean, I am making the mushroom soup for that. It's so cold here today. Just checked out the difference between the calories in wine as opposed to miso soup. I didn't end up having any miso soup and I'm ravenous. But wine is about 4 times more calories than the soup, so my longing has had to be quenched. Next week I won't fast on a Monday so can drink a glass of wine at the work do and I"ll fast on Tuesday instead. It is good to be in a new disciplined way with 5:2.i am inspired by @Maggiee's progress It is actually easier to be strict than to allow little break outs, because when do you draw the line if you allow one little break out. Just say NO.
I'm in. My weight has gone up again and fasting feels like a waste of time today except it makes me feel better so I will persevere.
Happy fasting everyone xxx
Hello Im back. Not done any fasting for well over a month and just returned from my holiday in turkey fatter than ever.
Going to do two fast days a week again. Mon and thurs. My other halfs started again too.
Hi all, I'm in today too - back after a few months off fasting in order to develop some good eating habits, including upping my daily fruit and veg to 7-a-day (5 veg 2 fruit). Unfortunately took my eye off the ball with regards to total food intake, so my weight has been heading upwards and I need to add the fasting back in now that I am regularly eating more nutritious foods! This will be my third spell of 5:2 - fingers crossed we all have a good Monday fast.
I'm in today, just having my pot 'o green tea (not quite 2pm here); will have broth later. Finally got our special peaches (come from a farm in Wapato, WA), so will have one with ff greek later on. Stir fry as usual for din din.

@Sallyo, I can relate to the not allowing even a little cheat on light days; I only have to "control" myself two days a week, how hard is that??? I find it much easier to be really strict (a la 5:2) two days a week, than to watch what I eat on a daily basis. And if ONE MORE naturally skinny person tells me I just need to eat healthy (to get to a lower weight), my head may explode! (I eat better than most of those skinny people; they think Lean Cuisine is good...ick!) My theory is, once you're overweight, just a tiny change will not affect your weight; it's bulls**t that eating 100 calories less a day will lead to gradual weight loss; the body just adjusts. I've begun my regular walks again that I did at the beginning of my 5:2 journey; I started walking with my son and then fell out of the routine. A mile isn't far and doesn't take long, it's the mindset and the regularity that seem to work for me. I have to watch a tendency to get "competitive" with myself, and want to walk faster/further etc; I'm finding it more rewarding to allow myself to walk as I'm feeling that day, rather than a tooth-gritting attempt to break my own record each time. And I've stopped using the mp3 player, instead am interacting with my surroundings. I usually walk in a local park that includes a skate park. In fact, one day I saw a woman who was obviously a beginning skater--I have skated for 18 years, used to be on the local skate patrol--so I helped her, showed her some tips, braking and the like. If I'd been in "music, walking for a record" mode I would have missed out on that rewarding interaction.
End of my day folks, @Sallyo Monday fast supper meetings at home certainly don't work for me :shock: :frown: I mean I did not eat anything till 7.30pm, but then over all the chit chat business ........what a waste, I won't do that again! :cool:
Great to see so many returners and newbies, see you soon, it's my bedtime. :sleepy:
Hi everyone. Sorry i havent been posting much. My tablet is only sporadically working which is frustrating- but its working now! Just woken up from a monday fast feeling good. The first real strict one I've completed in a while. My cold I've had for 4 days is gone yay, but somehow I've magically hurt my lower back doing absolutely nothing!
Xx julianna
16 posts Page 1 of 2