The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Despite two fasts last week, both continuing until lunchtime the following day, my weight is going up, not down! :curse: I've done this long enough to know not too worry but it's not helpful. It's been hot weather so I'm hanging onto too much fluids, and probably had too much beer and wine during the weekend, but still, I'd have expected to stay at the same weight.

Anyway, another Monday, another start of a week. Anyone joining me? I think I could do with the support.

cheers, Wendy
It ended up not being a bad effort until I grabbed a handful of raw almonds... probably 30-40 of them later I started to feel guilty. Oh well, stir fry veg with little bit of lean beef for dinner, no wine, no desserts, so not a complete fail.

Had a look around the site and came across some old ‘fasting today’ posts. In 2013 it wasn’t uncommon to have 80 replies and several hundred people reading the thread. These days we barely get a reaction. Does that mean people are no longer needing the forum and are happily maintaining (possibly reading posts but not participating) or are they slowly gaining weight, feeling desolate about another diet that didn’t work out? Despite it seeming to be harder to lose weight/keeping it off, I don’t want to give up just yet.
It certainly is VERY quiet here.

I expect all your reasons contribute to the lack of activity. Wonderfully there are some people who were and remain successful with IF for weight loss - and don't feel the need to continue to contribute. But the fact remains that any weight loss strategy only seems to work long term for around 5-10% of people on average.. So I believe that most people who have visited the forum over the years did not retain their weight loss (if they had any to start!) and have either given up or are trying something new. I wonder if the BSD forum is busy? For most people, unless a diet strategy leads to them changing the behaviors that made them overweight in the first place, then they are unlikely to have long term success,

On that sombre note, I had better get going to walk the dogs and prepare for my watercolor painting class!
3 posts Page 1 of 1