Fasting today, Saturday 19 July
19 Jul 2014, 06:02
Have decided that Saturday fasts are for people with peculiar dedication to losing weight or who just aren't getting invited to any wild parties. I'm in then for a second Saturday fast, in what is going to be another week of 4:3. Am only up so early because torrential rain here nearly flooded the back yard, but fortunately it has now eased off. Just thinking now how to lose 7.5kgs/16lbs by 23 Sept, to get ready for a beach holiday: possibly 600 x 3 + 1200 x 4 = 6600 per week, including one day of overindulgence, 900 extra calories, would be 7500 total. This may be more of a 3:3:1 diet, but I like the idea of programming in one day of relative excess (only 200 or slightly less above TDEE) to still lose 0.75kgs/1.6lbs per week. I'm not sure if this will work, because I'll have visitors some weekends (inc meals out), which could imply a 3:2:2 diet (500×3 +1000×2+2000×2=7500). Tough but do-able.

Anyway, good luck to any other Saturday Strivers. Today's main feature for me will be sundried tomato chilli burgers, incorporating black turtle beans (a first for me), quinoa, garlic, parsley, diced new potatoes, and pecorino. First one in a Warburton's Thin @ 2pm ish, and one with a plate of green veg @ 6pm ish. I've now built up a stock of different 100 cal burgers in the freezer, which should make things easier