The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

21 posts Page 1 of 2
Fasting Today - SATURDAY 28TH!
28 Mar 2015, 09:14
Well I thought I'd fast today...again! Surely I'm not the ONLY one am I? :?: :confused:
I' m with you in spirit Beano, egging you on to have a good day
Am sure you will have fasting pals soon
Its Satday,peeps might be having a lie in xx
Thanks Candy for your vibes! Blimey, people are really having a lie-in aren't they. It's the afternoon already :)
Oh boy, did you have to mention eggs Candy?! Feeling quite peckish now...but too tired to eat so it's all ok!
Hiya just trying to get back to the 5:2 again after a previous failed attempt !! :shock:
Never tried a Saturday so giving it a go !
Amanda x
Ah Amanda! Thank you. I was beginning to think I was the only one today. What have you got planned for your first Saturday fast?
Why hello @nursebean! As the Michael Jackson song goes:-

"You are not alone, I am here with you.." la la la la la and so on!

Yep, throwing in my third fast of the week.....and my second Saturday fast running......ooh, anyone would think I'm in training for the DODO.....or something! Trying to disassociate the weekend with naughtiness.....but I must admit to looking forward to Sunday somewhat!!

Lovely to have you with us in spirit @candicemarie - that means a lot!

Hope you both have a great weekend....& I'll check in with you Beany a bit later to see how it's going! I am grappling with some overdue end of year accounts right now....so the kettle is permanently on to help me thru it & to take my mind off food. Talking of food, am looking forward to 360 calories worth of Waitrose Morrocan Inspired Chicken Soup at tea time! It's thick & chunky....and makes me smile when eating it....so that can't be bad!

Can't join in with any egg-talk...as I totally detest them & they turn my stomach.....sorry!! But by all means, fill your boots everyone - you can even have my share!! NB. Eggs in cakes or meringues are fair game, tee hee!!
I'm in for my usual Saturday fast. Will have a Bovril later to keep me going till teatime. Then I've got an M&S ready meal for tea. Leaves me enough calories for a nice big mug of milky coffee about 9pm.

Then there will be crumpets for brunch tomorrow!
Welcome @aweemanda & @chris p - now we have enough of us for a party!

Hope it goes well for you x
Hi everyone
I am planning the cup of bovril to keep me going and try to not think about my dinner too much ! Lol
Got to know I am not alone on a Saturday fast !! Trying this as sometimes my work colleagues have too much goodies around during the week ! So only one day of temptation x
Amanda x
Hey Image Image
Did someone mention a party!?
@hazelnut20 i' m with you in more than spirit after all..yes ive decided to fast
Not very hungry so might as well get another fast in the bag!xx
Yay @candicemarie - that's nice to know...well done you! I admire your decision, because as we all know, you might not feel hungry now...but what about later?!! Later, it might become a bit of a mental fight...but one you are easily up to!

It's always nice to get past one o clock lunch time isn't it? I am keeping busy, so there's no time to think....plus you do get to feel a bit proud of yourself for sticking to your guns...especially when all around you are scoffing their faces! But then, that's what got me into this state in the first place :oops:

Best of luck - talk later! X
I'm in today - I'm going away tomorrow so I've moved my usual Sunday fast. Not sure I've ever done a Saturday before.
Not that all this is working at the moment. I fasted Sunday & Tuesday forgot to have lunch on Wed (so this was an accidental back-to-back fast for 20 hrs from Monday evening - Wed dinnertime) and I ran 2 miles on a treadmill at the gym on Tuesday & Thursday ... so I weigh a pound MORE this morning than I did last Saturday. :confused:
I've been within an 11 pound weight-range for the last 6 years - I'm bouncing along the bottom of it now - I was convinced I'd get below it this week. And I think it is a real weight gain - I can see a sneaky bit of additional tummy - its not even that my scales are lying to me (I'm convinced they do that from time to time, just to annoy) Maybe older lumpy bits are harder to shift?
HUH!
Hows it going pals?
Its going well for me - and quickly too,coz didnt decide to fast til lunchtime !
Just having a low cal soup now...
Is anyone in uk observing EarthDay? Putting lights off and lighting candles at 8.30 pm?
Good Excuse for getting romantic or telling ghost stories by candle light! X
AND folks...clocks go forward tonight! Xx
Fasting in the States today - its only 10 a.m. here so got a LOOOONG way to go. :cry:
Oh wow! I turn my back for 2 mins and look how many have joined me...hoorah! @Hazlenut20'glad to see you're getting some good practice in, ready for the Bean challenge! And also pleased to hear that eggs are used for certain delish puds!!
So gld you decided to join us Candy. Poor @lovemyparrot sorry to hear you're still in the morning. Hopefully it won't seem too long before you're enjoying your food!
So, I'm just about to enjoy my M&S mushroom, rice and chicken soup. Very delish...but only 177 calories...hoorah!!
Love the sound of milky coffee...mmmmm.
So, what d'you think of Saturday fasting then? ;)
21 posts Page 1 of 2