The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting Today, Sunday 29th May
29 May 2016, 11:04
Anyone else joining me today? Yes, I know it is Sunday but I work on a Sunday 5pm-9pm so I eat my main meal before I go to work so it may as well be a fast day. I am planning fish, salad and a wee bit of tzatziki. My biggest problem is when I come home from work and start picking at things - crisps, biscuits, olives, cheese. I haven't successfully fasted for a long time but today I am determined. When I come home I will down a large glass of water and if that doesn't work I'll just have to go to bed.
Oh good luck@wildmissus X
It may appear youre alone but remember there are 20:4/21/3 fasters too, like my DD and @barbarita
Picking is a perrenial problem for me..i love to graze on nurs,crisps,crackers..I used to have a sweeth tooth but i now crave salty savoury stuff..whilst STILL having a sweet tooth ...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
Good luck flying the fasting flag today @wildmissus. you can do it :clover: :clover: :clover:
Hi @wildmissus and other fasters, I finished nights this morning so not eaten since low carbs at 03:00. ..just read through some general fast forum stuff to keep focused, really does help I find, very glad this site is here. People at work are now stopping to ask me why I look different, the change in shape (despite shapeless uniform) now becoming more noticeable. Wish nay sayers would just look at all the evidence and give it a go. ...
With you in spirit @wildmissus - am doing 16:8 today...so with you in body this morning too!

At first, I thought wow - how very brave of you to fast on the weekend. I've only done it a couple of times, but after reading your post, I can see that what with work & all that, it makes very good sense to do it on a Sunday if Sunday is a work day. Having said that, any day of the week is a challenge when all around you are eating with reckless abandon. Stay strong my friend - we all know you can do it! I do hope it goes well for you - I'll be keeping my fingers crossed & look forward to hearing how you go...

I reckon once you get home, a nice hot drink will take the edge off. That's what I often find, anyway...and if it doesn't, have two! My kettle is always on...

Good luck - you can do it! Xx
good luck. I joined you today. not at work today though but as Im not at work I had a lie in til about 10am. massive lie in for me as normally up at 2.45 for work! have pretty much lazed around all day apart from a 6mile run early evening. came back & made an omelette with meat free bacon & mushrooms, cooked in the oven while I had a shower. had this with baked beans & now feeling stuffed & all ready for my bed :)

hope your fasts went well today & good luck to those fasting tomorrow. xx
Well my fasting day didn't quite go to plan! I was given 30 fresh hen & duck eggs so I decided to have a 3 egg omelette and salad at about 4pm. I came home from work and I felt fine but...my youngest daughter made me a victoria sponge because I didn't get a cake for my birthday on Monday. I couldn't refuse but I'm happy with my day.
@wildmissus aw what a lovely DD!
Who could refuse a slice of lovingly made cake. Bless her
Sometimes the best laid plans go astray for the very best of reasons XX
Don't worry @Wildmissus - cake doesn't have calories when it's made for you - and if consumed on a fast day! Well done xx
9 posts Page 1 of 1