The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting today, Sunday Dec.7
07 Dec 2014, 14:04
Haven't done this for over a month as I was on a low carb, 16:8 regimen. Lost weight but off that program and now gaining again :curse: Back to basics for me, starting today with 500 cal and lots of tea, coffee and some miso soup. Anyone else out there?
Re: Fasting today, Sunday Dec.7
07 Dec 2014, 17:39
Hi Judithn
Not fasting today. I guess your body is adjusting to the change and it may take time to find a comfortable point having got to goal. I'm only guessing. I have been managing a threshold of 3lbs over the last few months so as you have passed your plateau I think the immediate goal is finding a point and mindfully keep on track with that. My experience - lost in the first 6 months, final 6 months is about slowly and safely finding my way to my final goal - maintaining and that is a different mind set - and I'm learning.
Have you set your preferred weight threshold? I have followed the forum - a 3-4lbs threshold seems to work. My top weight is 129, this week I was 125, next week could be 127/8. I believe if you are fasting all will be good and come clear. :clover: Well it has for me.
07 Dec 2014, 18:41
Yes me. I have a flight this afternoon and fasting works when flying, but I have to put up with funny looks from cabin crew again when I keep refusing all that food and drink.
07 Dec 2014, 18:45
Hi @Lizbean, after the excitement of reaching my ultimate (and Christmas) goal a week ago, I was not really following any regimen last week and today I have put on 4 lb. :cry: I also added alcohol back into the mix after a sober November. I realize I need to find the "sweet spot" of a maintainable weight. I think 140-145 lb. which keeps me at a BMI of 22-23 is probably where it should be. I wanted to go lower, like I was in my 30's...but that was 30 years ago :frown: Going to get back on the 5:2 wagon for a while and see how it goes. December has to be the craziest month to attempt a new maintenance but what else can I do? If I wait until Jan, I could be a lot heavier and I just don't want to go back there.
07 Dec 2014, 19:35
Hi all - I've been fasting today too. Didn't notice there was a thread for the day or I'd have waved hello earlier. Just finishing my 500 cals in a celebratory cup of tea, then going to see Mockingjay - that should use up the evening very well. Gym planned Mon evening, 2nd fastday on Tuesday, Gym again Wed ... and so on until my scales give in & give me an 11st 12 weight one morning this week. At which point I'm declaring diet-over for Xmas!

Hope its gone well for everyone else.
5 posts Page 1 of 1