The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi there!

As intended, I am aiming for a consecutive light day. I was happy with yesterday, and will see how I go today. Am putting off lunch as long as possible. Have kept busy this morning, and am now on my second coffee, having also had 2 cups of tea - and 4 large glasses of water. That's my 2 litres for the day already!! (I think my swollen tummy may also be from all the liquid I drink?? Combined with poor tummy muscles.......)

I am currently feeling quite virtuous (! :grin: :razz: :lol: ) - how long will I be justified in feeling that...??!! I know I would have said before I wish there was some effective way of bottling the good feeling I have when I am happy with my eating, for those times when I want to eat when I am not hungry - to help dissuade me from doing so.

Hope to hear from some others later in the day! :clover: :smile:
Hi @Sassy1 hope you keep on doing well on the consecutive strategy (almost 4 years since I did that :grin: ). I'm in today for a 'semi-fast': fasting regime for breakfest and lunch, normal dinner. 'Just another day at the office'. :smile:
Happy fastday
Thanks @P-JK!

Doing okay so far. :smile:

Btw I can only manage consecutive days because they are light days (up to 1000 cals) - I couldn't manage consecutive "normal" fast days (I can't manage one normal fast day anymore...)
How nice that there is a conversation going on for today. That I am not alone in fasting here. Hey Dutch guy J FK or what was it: missing breakfast and Lunch and having dinner IS fasting here. I am not eating anything before dinner tonight about 18:00. And I know Sassy what it is like to be hungry while fasting. At least writing here helps! I seem to be stuck at the same old 67.9 kg for some days now. :confused: But I keep going with my ADF, especially since I've had some results in losing weight very recently! :smile:
Margotsylvia wrote: How nice that there is a conversation going on for today. That I am not alone in fasting here. Hey Dutch guy J FK or what was it: missing breakfast and Lunch and having dinner IS fasting here.

Hi @Margotsylvia It's P-JK, a world of difference, but 'close enough in this context' :grin:
Actually, in my fasting strategy 'fasting' is having a very light breakfast and lunch and a small dinner as well (together 600 cals), so doing that and a normal dinner is something like a semi-fast. Probably in the order of what @Sassy1 is doing. Sorry to hear about the trouble of really fasting, but if this is a way to keep up the good work, that's just how it is: only what is do-able is sustainable in the long run...
Hi, everyone! I'm fasting today, having had a couple of days in which I have eaten far too much for someone who is trying to lose their holiday weight gain! :cry:

My Monday fast went well but then two busy days and too little sleep and I think that my body rebelled against last week's lovely weight loss and decided to switch my brain into indiscriminate-eating mode! :shock: That will teach me to feel too complacent! :frown: I am not beating myself up about it! I enjoyed everything I ate, so it wasn't a complete waste!

However, I am back on it today and very focused on not eating anything until dinner this evening. Fingers crossed that I can maintain my resolve!

Good luck to those fasting today. Stay strong. We can do it! :victory: :victory: :victory:
How did everyone go?

I managed a light day - perhaps not as light as the day before but still okay. Think that must be a record for me!

@Margotsylvia, I agree it is lovely when a discussion happens in the forum. Trouble is, it does take a lot of time! I have spent several hours over the last couple of days writing posts - takes me ages and I always like to preview then invariably edit my post (typos still slip through though, partly because the font is so small and faint on the iPad that I don't notice them). I am still impressed how you can manage alternate fast days. Very frustrating for you if you are not losing weight though. Assuming you aren't eating more than you need on the other days, it does seem like your medication is a contributing factor. Have you spoken with your doctor about this?

@Stowgateresident, I can totally associate with the overindulging after a few days of not doing so. At least you enjoyed everything you had. I can't definitively work out why we do this (overindulge) when ideally we would not. Many factors no doubt. Tiredness is certainly one, and our minds are tricky things, aren't they? I think my brain is hard wired that food is comfort, and so will "make" me eat, even if consciously I don't want to!! :grin: :razz:
Thanks for enquiring @Sassy1. I'm late reporting but the fast was successfully done and dusted. Hope everyone else was also successful. If not - well there is always another day! :smile:
8 posts Page 1 of 1