The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Anyone fasting today?

Thursdays are "supposed" to be my fast days for the challenge period, but I forgot about it yesterday when I was preparing my bulk coleslaw to cover a few lunchtimes. As we are going to be away this weekend (NOT a holiday as such), the salad really needs to be eaten before then. In addition, I have felt hungry all morning. I was busy so able to keep away from food until lunchtime, but decided that I would have lunch and just aim for a light day.

It is raining now, after a few absolutely gorgeous days. But we do need the rain, so that's okay. Can't use gardening as a way to occupy myself though! However, enough other things to do.

Best wishes to other fasters and all who read this! :clover: :smile:
Hi @Sassy1

I am in today! The rain was lovely today - I really like that damp smell in the garden after the rain - not something we get enough of these days. :umbrella:

I hope your light day has gone well. I am watching an episode of the Great British Bake-off, one of my favourite shows. I just have to ingest the cakes via the screen in lieu of snacking in the kitchen!

cheers
I'm in for a semi-fast day! Banana and peanut butter in the afternoon and a fairly normal dinner. Probably around 800 cals. I'm also going walking/jogging at night for the first time ever. I'm meeting a group. I bought a headlamp last night! I'm very excited to get some substantial exercise in during the week, besides my 20 minute walks around campus at work!
I'm in today. :smile: Working at the computer now and was playing piano accordion this morning, so keeping my fingers too busy to eat any food! We've had light rain here in England and the sky is overcast but I am hoping that I will be able to get out to walk the dog between the showers!

Planning on roast chicken and vegetables for dinner this evening. It may have to be earlier than usual! :starving: Hope everyone's fast day is going/has gone well. Stay strong, folks! :victory:
Well there were a few of us (quite a lot given current activity levels on the forum...! :razz: ).

Walking with a group sounds a great idea @cblasz - I do remember you had mentioned earlier that you were going to do this. Makes the time pass much more quickly with others to chat to.

Bit of rain in the UK and Oz. we probably need it more than you @Stowgateresident - hope you had a lull and were able to walk the dog.

@MerryMelb, I am envious of how you have been able to keep up regular fasting!

My light day was not quite as light as I would have liked, but I am okay with it. Hope the rest of the day went well for everyone else. :clover: :smile:
Well, I didn't do well with fasting, I caved and had lunch. But I did go for the walk, which was great. Very invigorating!

@Sassy1 - it's not so much about having someone to chat with. I actually have no problem walking by myself and enjoy it. I listen to music or podcasts. But it's very dark here after work now and you really can't go alone. So it was fun to have someone to walk on the trail with. It definitely would be very unsafe for me to do that by myself. So normally, I just don't really go during the week in the winter, but now I can a little!
6 posts Page 1 of 1