The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm glad to see the forum is back up! Thanks @Tracieknits and @Moogie for taking care of that!

Since, I do 16:8 normally, it's rare for me to actually have a fast day, but I am having a pseudo one today. I had to cover another teachers class at lunch, so it made it very easy. I will probably still have about 800 calories today, so not a true fast day.

I do have a banana as a snack (with peanut butter), which I know some people don't think is a good idea. For me I find it to be very filling and perfect to hold me over. But I also found this article which basically confirms my thoughts and indicates that it isn't too bad sugar-wise! Thought I would share!

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/11-proven-benefits-of-bananas#section1

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Hope your fast day continues okay, @cblasz. An 800 cal day is a BSD fast day! I would be happy if I could stick to 800...

I agree totally that a banana is a very healthy snack, for all the reasons given. It is also FODMAP friendly and it is the one fruit that our doctor has told my hubby to eat - and the only one he does! Less ripe bananas do seem to be better, though not quite as tasty... You had previously suggested to me the banana and peanut butter snack. It is a very satisfying snack and I do have it from time to time.

I had been hoping to have a light day on Thursday, but I was hungry all morning - the hunger did not abate at all - and once I started eating, that was it... My first overindulgent day in a while. I can hope it was because my body needed replenishing after the 20km hike I had done the day before, but I know at the end I wasn't hungry when I was still eating. :frown: :confused: Oh well. See how we go today.

Best wishes to those who are managing to fast! :smile: :smile: :clover:
@Sassy1 - a 20km hike is very impressive and I'm sure your body did need replenishing after that. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

I have to say that I think my sweets cravings are subsiding a bit. Last night I had planned to have a Yasso (greek frozen yogurt bar) after dinner, but I really didn't need it and was so full I really couldn't even try to eat it. Mentally I kinda wanted it, but I wasn't really craving it, if that makes any sense. So I did not have it!
cblasz wrote: I'm glad to see the forum is back up! Thanks @Tracieknits and @Moogie for taking care of that!

Since, I do 16:8 normally, it's rare for me to actually have a fast day, but I am having a pseudo one today. I had to cover another teachers class at lunch, so it made it very easy. I will probably still have about 800 calories today, so not a true fast day.

I do have a banana as a snack (with peanut butter), which I know some people don't think is a good idea. For me I find it to be very filling and perfect to hold me over. But I also found this article which basically confirms my thoughts and indicates that it isn't too bad sugar-wise! Thought I would share!

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/11-proven-benefits-of-bananas#section1

Hope everyone is having a great day!

I hope you are doing good in your fasting. Thanks for the share.
4 posts Page 1 of 1