The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Just a quick post before I go out to say I am hoping to fast today, though have been invited to lunch at a friend's. Will see how I go...

Tuesdays and Thursdays are the best days for me to fast as I am out all morning, which helps a lot!

Haven't had time to respond to some other recent posts - including about my last fast day! - hope to find time over the next couple of days.

Best wishes to all. :clover: :smile:
Hi @Sassy1

I hope your day went well - lovely day to be out for lunch. Warm sunny 29c in Melbourne today.
I was in today too - and it has been a good day. Dinner is over, and now I hit my "fall down" time where I want to snack after dinner. But I will try and stay strong - I can have that tomorrow. The kitchen is closed!!

All the best to all the Tuesday fasters!
Thanks @Merrymelb, sounds like your day went well and I am sure you were okay re the evening munchies. On the whole I recall you seem to have the fasting regime "under control" ?! :smile:

I am happy with my day, though it ended up as a light day rather than traditional fasting. But for good reason.

We went out for lunch, and I couldn't really not have anything, so opted for the roast pumpkin and beetroot salad with spinach and feta. I was hungry but that made no inroads to my hunger! I was weary from not having a good night's sleep, as well as not being accustomed to the warmth (glorious though it is and I am loving it) so had a banana mid afternoon.

Went to the cinema and saw the most exhilarating and spectacular film, a documentary called "Mountain" (NOT the Kate Winslet, Idris Elba film). I thoroughly recommend it if you love spectacular scenery and watching others undertake extreme sports... and don't suffer too much from vertigo...

After that I did my weekly hill climb walk on the track beside the 1000 steps (as a Melbournite, you will know what I am taking about) - compared to what I had seen on the film, my walk was like a snooze on the couch!!

I was still feeling really hungry so once home snacked on some roast chicken, and then had just assorted veggies with a sprinkle of cheese for dinner, followed by a home grown frozen orange and some berries. Then had an earlyish night, for me, as I was still pretty weary - and slept for close to 10 hours, only getting up twice (in contrast the night before I had slept for 6 hours and had got up 4-5 times...). Felt SO MUCH BETTER today, and of course the weather is still glorious (for another day anyway). So was quite late by the time I walked the dogs. I debated whether to do the planned cycle ride, as by this time it was quite warm, but decided to anyway.

And it has hopefully proved serendipitous! I met another female cyclist (tend to be mainly male up my way, as it is very hilly) and as a result I might have found a group to cycle with for both day rides and longer events. Hope that works out.

Had planned to do some more weeding, but was able to convince myself that it is now too warm, so am enjoying sitting on our deck experiencing the warmth and glorious day. We have done, and had done, a lot of work on our garden this year, and so am appreciating that as well.

As I get older I am really noticing how much blue skies, and lack of them, affect my mood. Which is partly why I have written so much here, am feeling good and don't have to do anything else today. :) :) :) (Having a decent night's sleep, and having a good exercise workout also really help.)

And also really enjoyed my brekkie today (mind you it was almost lunchtime by the time I ate it.) My favourite - scrambled eggs followed by porridge and fresh fruit. Fast (even light!) days can really make eating (even more of) a delight! :razz: :razz: :razz:

Well, this is an essay from me! :grin: :smile:
3 posts Page 1 of 1