The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone

2017 wasn't my year for weight control. My heart was only half into regular fasting and often only until dinner time. My weight was about 2 kg above my preferred/maintenance weight but during November/December I completely dropped the ball. I went on the scales this morning and I'm nearly back to my starting weight on 5:2, about four years ago.

So, today I start again. I went to the gym this morning, walked the dog and cycled to work. However, I have been doing that all along so that's not the big deal for me, it's the food; too many treats, too much alcohol, more than one serve of food and too many excuses to have a little bit more.

Black coffee, water, herbal tea all day, a cup of chicken stock at lunchtime, and the Mexican pizza from the original 5:2 book. Second fast of the week will be Thursday and a light day tomorrow (healthy, vegetable focused dinner, simple lunch, no treats to work). I am going out to dinner on Friday but that might make the two fasts I've planned this week a little bit easier.

Anyone joining me?
Cheers, Wendy
Hello! I too started fasting today - after Christmas indulgences. I am having my break-fast at 15:00. Do not eat anything until then. then I have my supper at 18:00 and do not eat anything until the next day at 15:00. I was losing weight with this system. Then I thoroughly enjoyed Christmas and family visiting. Put on nearly 4 kg. It is easily done. I would at least like to lose those almost 4 kg. :razz:
I’m fasting today. I have taught myself to fast ‘clean’, that is just get through the fast with black coffee and herbal tea. It’s actually easier. No food until tomorrow.
Good luck everyone
I'm fasting today, I weighed in yesterday at more than my original pre 5:2 weight in 2013. I'm very glad I had a couple of successful fasts pre Christmas or I'd be even heavier.
Like @Wmr309 I was back at the gym this morning, on the treadmill, restarting my Couch to 5K program, and I'll be back tomorrow to have a gym workout planned.
The goal is to lose 30lbs before my birthday in May.
Good Luck everyone :clover:
5 posts Page 1 of 1