The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

16 posts Page 1 of 2
Anyone else in today? I'm normally a Monday faster, but public holiday here yesterday, so had wonderful pizza in our neighbour's pizza oven and drank beer instead :grin:
Hi @KataMac
I'm in today too as I'm in Melbourne and enjoyed a BBQ and beers with friends for Australia Day!
Having said that it was too cold for a BBQ and I shivered my way through the day!
Chicken breast and veg for me for dinner tonight - have a great fast all!
Yes, I shall be in today. I shouldn't actually be starting yet, as it is only 2:30 a.m. in Luxembourg, but I am hopelessly insomniac at the moment. I think it is because I am finally coming off tablets for nerve pain. They did make me dopey. Anyway if I do get some kip, I shall wake up to green tea and better resolve than the last two weeks!
Oh, a cold Australia Day in Melbourne, that's no good - but somehow doesn't surprise me :grin: I lived there for 7 years, but much prefer the constant heat of Queensland.
I'm fasting too - and after about 2 years of 5:2 I'm still pleased to get on with it.
It has been keeping me physically trim ALL this time. So gratifying.
Tea with lemon now as I wake, gym group again, look forward to achieving and there's lots else I must do. I'll have drinks between whiles, then veg and grilled chicken breast to enjoy tonight. Have a good day fellow fasters! :clover:
I'm joining you today too, I am normally a Monday faster - but this week doing Tuesday and Friday. Definitely not cold here in South Africa, drinking lots of water and planning to have a veg soup round about midday. Am a fairly new faster (or rather I am a re-starter faster), so can't manage to go through till evening meal just yet!
I'm in today, black coffee, water, workout, water and black coffee will hopefully get me through until dinner tonight......roll on dinner time!

Enjoy your fasts x
Hi all, I'm in today too . Sunday's fastday took me to 12stone 1/2 lb so there's a real possibility tomorrow could be my first post- Xmas sight of a weight under 12 stone. This is a BIG incentive!
I don't love my fastdays but I do love the food I eat on them, which is almost always soup at lunchtime and a satsuma, a slightly more filling soup with a little chicken & another satsuma for dinner, a cup of tea with milk for a treat the evening. And I really enjoy every last calorie! The rest is calorie-free black coffee & lemon & ginger tea.
Good wishes to all on FastDay today.
Good luck to all you Terrific Tuesday fasters! X
I'm fasting with you all today. Happy fasting :)
Fasted today being the day after a public holiday. One must never fast on a "public holiday" of any kind i believe or so it goes in our family.

Thats what i love about this diet method..you can switch things around to suit.

e.g. this week i will only manage 2 days not 3 of fasting but thats ok too
I'm fasting today as well....got up with good intentions...made a delicious vegetable chilli, just veg no beans, felt very smug until my sister said veg chilli is 250 calories....how can this be its only vegetables and tinned tomatoes!!!
First day of the 5:2 fast today! So far, so good? Good luck everyone!
I've got through today, enjoyed an egg and corned beef salad for tea... Feels good to be back in the 5:2 flow, very good actually :)
I've been fasting today too. Cooked some sardines but my experiment didn't come out right and they were vile. The cat's in luck! Three boiled eggs later and a good squirt of salad cream - yum. I'll make sure I'm better prepared for my next fast on Thursday. Good luck to those still fasting today.
16 posts Page 1 of 2