The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting today - Tuesday 3rd May
02 May 2016, 21:12
Morning all. I'll kick us off today, so who will join me for a Tuesday fast?
Windy morning here in Melbourne. The cool weather has finally arrived on 1st May, after a very balmy start to Autumn.
Just having my morning cup of tea, with a splash of milk which gets counted. My usual Quorn burger for dinner tonight I expect.
cheers
Hi MerryMelb x yes i' ll be putting my body in for MOT after ive had a sleep!
Good luck and keep warm if its getting chilly now in Oz! X
I'm in for my first repair day of the week. Obs I have some extra weight after the "way hey " long weekend
Good morning everyone! Hope your fast went well Merry @MerryMelb and Oatsey @Carieoates? What kind of a way-hay weekend have you had then? And Candy? @Candicemarie? I hope you got some real good shut-eye last night - now to our Tuesday fast!!
So this is my first fast after a week away. I've put on about 4 pounds I think so I'm hoping to shift that by Friday - bit of a tall ask I guess!! Think I'll be having chicken tonight but until then water, water, water, more water, green tea!! :starving:
I must say I really craved a fast while I was away. I no longer seem to enjoy being able to eat what I like. Silly food is not good for the soul is it - not to mention the waist line!
Went to see Florence Foster Jenkins yesterday. If you want an uplifting film to take your mind off food - go see!!
Have a good one!
Bean xxxx
Thank you for the movie recommendation @Nursebean - I will added to my list! I need to get to more movies.
How are we going with this Tuesday fast? My day is just wrapping up - a quorn burger and a "Vegie Delights" schnitzel for dinner with some real veggies. It was the first time I had tried the Vegie schnitzel - not bad at all. They come frozen like the Quorn burgers.

Over to the Northern hemisphere.... :clover:
cheers
Hi merry melb,what is a quorn burger? Yes Melbourne has been a bit wild with the weather.
Where abouts in Melbourne are you,I live in Epping
Rosa
HI. Am fasting today after eating far too much over this long weekend. So far been drinking lots of green and herbal teas and currently on my lunchtime cup of miso.
Charlie
Newgirl wrote: Hi merry melb,what is a quorn burger? Yes Melbourne has been a bit wild with the weather.
Where abouts in Melbourne are you,I live in Epping
Rosa

Hi Rosa.
Quorn products are made from vegetable protein source, so their website says. http://www.quorn.com.au/products/Quorn_ ... (4_burgers).aspx
I use them on some fast days when I want something tasty and quick, and I can't face another omelette.
I am in Moonee Ponds...
cheers
Hi All, I'm fasting today too. Just eaten a big bowl of raw celery and cucumber dipped in Jamaican spice mix and a litre of lemon lime and mint water....may sound unappealing but I'm so used to it now on fast days it all seems normal and do-able. I had curried fish and veg last night to start off my fast so normal eating tonight. Good luck eveyone.
My husband's shop manager is doing really well, continuing with the 2 days, so far she has lost 8lb only, but 7" over all, especially round her waist, same effect as I have found....Now trying to persuade my brother to join in, he always looks after his vehicles perfectly, if only he would take care of the best vehicle ever - his body!
Hi chickabiddies! Well it looks like we all smashed itagain so woohoo to us!
for doing Our best for our bodies! Xx
Ooops I well and truly blew that one. Ran out of time to eat before going out to puppy training so had homemade carbonara with real pasta at 8pm.
Note to self. Organisations key. But also shifting regular fast days does play havoc with long established food plans.

Prawn salad and a yogurt (full fat) for lunch, then a couple of cream crackers with humus. Dinner carbonara with homemade sauce.
I'm not having a great one either, @carieoates. I have 5 of these 20 calorie crackers earlier (always a bad idea on a fast day) and had an early dinner (4pm). I'm not so strict these days, but I like to keep it under 700.
12 posts Page 1 of 1