The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting today, Tuesday, Nov. 4
04 Nov 2014, 01:42
For the first time ever I woke up on a day I intended to fast and thought 'I just can't do it today'. I had just run a half marathon the day before, so I let myself off the hook. Anyway… this is why I find myself here on a Tuesday, not my usual fast day.

Good luck, Tuesday fasters!
@MaryAnn I'm in with you. Did a 700 cal fast yesterday instead of Sunday, so today I will do 900 to 1000 cal maintenance fast. Coffee, porrjdge, half a protein bar so far, lunch about 3pm when I get home, that'll do me. Have a few bets going on Melbourne Cup, hopefully I'll win a trifecta and get rich LOL. Good luck fasters.
Sounds sensible to me @MaryAnn! And hi @GMH, how is the new eating regime going?
I am in today too, also not a usual fast day but I had a long weekend of celebrations centered around eating - and the scales show it, with a 3kg increase from 3 days ago! I will post more on this elsewhere.
So am trying for a liquid fast today, a light day tomorrow of 1000cals, a normal fast on Thurs, and then hopefully back to usual eating on Friday, tho will probably still need 2 fasts a week for the next little while.
Best wishes to all of today's fasters. :)
@Sassy1 I'm loving the new regime. In fact I have been doing other days of breakfast, lunch, protein bar inbetween and no dinner, but not counting cals. I am losing weight rather than maintaining, however I don't mind going a little bit down as I know I'll be poking at least 3kg on when I do my Xmas holiday. I did wonder if I should fast on plane, the food is crap, but it breaks the boredom, so maybe not.
All sounds good @GMH, especially still being able to lose a bit! :) I agree that eating on the plane does help with the tedium, but I know of others who do chose the flight as fasting time. (Not me, I actually don't mind plane food!!!) Remind me where you are off to?
@Sassy1 London, Worcester, Dublin at Xmas New year
Second of three as usual for me.
Hope everyone is doing well. Adventures sound good!
How's everyone going? I have been trying to liquid fast but had miso soup and some celery and raw carrot late afternoon. I will try to get thru the evening with just drinks but maybe an apple mid evening to satisfy my want for something sweet. Have had so many drinks I am sick of them!!
Keep going everyone, good luck to you and any others who will join us from later time zones. :)
Hi all.
I'm fasting today.
For the first time, I'm going to attempt to make it through to my evening meal with only black coffee, herbal tea and fizzy water.
:starving:
I'm aiming for 750 today to complement yesterday's fast - brunch will be leftover satay noodles with broccoli, asparagus, mushroom and spinach (c200), and evening meal will be carrot and swede mash, mushroom and walnut burger and stir fried veg (400). I don't know if I've ever eaten this well. Good luck to everyone else fasting today, especially @Paulyboy on day 1. :star: :star:
Well I've got a busy day ahead, so it should be doable.
Fish and loads of green veggies for dinner :wink:
Well, what a quiet Tuesday! Hope everyone did ok. I didn't quite manage a liquid fast, but did keep to about 250 cals :) Hope I can do a light day today, before another fast tomorrow, and shed that long weekend excess! Best wishes to those in North America and equivalent still going 'today' - not long to go now. :)
12 posts Page 1 of 1