The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Helooooo! I'm back after months of not visiting the forum! Fasting Monday, Wednesday, Friday this week so today is my second fast of this week. As some of you may remember, I'm usually a regular 5:2 faster but I am off to visit my daughter in Spain in ten days time and I have some surplus poundage to reduce, so desperate times calls for desperate measures hence the three fasts this week! :frown:
I have been trying to lose my extra pounds since Christmas and have managed the odd fast here and there but three days before Christmas I was diagnosed with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. This means that occasionally my heart would produce very fast, but ineffective, beats for extended period of time. My fastest recorded heart rate was 205! I was prescribed beta blockers to prevent these excesses but they left me feeling very tired, very lazy and often mentally foggy. Not only could I not lose my extra four pounds Christmas weight but since then I have piled on five more!
I went for a clinic check in March and they decided that the beta blocker had slowed my (already naturally slow) heartbeat down too much - it was usually in the forties maybe getting into the fifties on a good day - and that I needed a pacemaker fitted to ensure that it didn't drop below sixty. I went and had the op last Wednesday and decided that after a little recovery time I would tackle my weight and stop using beta blockers as an excuse!
I have to say that I am feeling much more energetic and back to my old self so i am hopeful that this time I will get rid of the extra nine pounds. (I already dropped two this week, since Sunday, but I always lose quickly the first week then the long haul begins!)
There is no reason that I shouldn't be back down to my target of 147 pounds by my month-long Canada/USA holiday in July, despite other mini breaks in between and an increased dose of beta blockers, so I will be a more frequent visitor here now I have my mojo back. This is my longest absence from the forum since I started in January 2013 and it's lovely to be back and see that some of the familiar faces are still around. :heart:
:clover: Good luck to anyone else fasting today but if there is no-one, then I'll do fine on my own! We can do this! :victory:
Well, I have made it through the day on nothing but black tea until it was time for dinner and have just had my low cal drinking chocolate to see me through the night. I am pleasantly surprised at how easily I have slipped back into this WOL. I know it's early days but I am very positive about how it is going to go.

Good luck if you are fasting tomorrow! I'll be back on Friday - if not before!
Lovely to see you back here @stowgateresident! :smile: :smile: :smile: Always good to see people returning - as well as getting new members too of course. And good to know we will be hearing from you more often.

But sorry to hear about your health issues. What a drag! But you do sound your usual upbeat self and it appears as if you are dealing with these okay.

You must be pleased to be able to get back into the swing of fast days. I know this has been a longer break for you, but I always admired how you would get back to fasting after holidays etc, just accepting the weight gain that occurred while away with little complaint or anxiety.

Very best wishes for achieving what you want this time! And you must be looking forward to your holiday in Spain with your daughter. How I envy Europeans with so many other countries so close to visit! And then a visit to Canada/USA as well. Sounds marvellous.

:clover: :clover: :clover:
Thank you for the welcome back, @Sassy1. I know that I shouldn't have stayed away for so long! However, I'm back now and in the right headspace to do this! It's a non-fasting day today but i didn't really need the sandwich lunch with high calorie coleslaw and crisps, followed by a huge piece of Victoria sponge. I may not have to eat for the rest of the day after that!
Fasting tomorrow - I wonder if I will be on my own again? Not to worry even if I am - I shall just talk to myself! :grin:
4 posts Page 1 of 1