The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting today Wednesday 20 June
20 Jun 2018, 10:32
Hi everyone
I am just coming to the end of my first fasting day in a while. The day went well, with some soup at lunch on this chilly day, and chicken and veggies for dinner, with pear for dessert.
I now need to get an early night to bed so I don't start snacking. I have a good book to read, so hopefully that will keep me out of the kitchen.
Good luck to anyone else fasting today,
Merry
Congrats on a good day! I do 16:8, so sort of fast every day, although I should consider adding in an actual fast day too, to counteract my weekend eating!

What book are you reading (if you don't mind sharing?)
Hi @cblasz

I'm about to start reading The Scandal by Fredrik Backman. I really enjoyed his books "A man called Ove" (also a movie), "My grandmother asked me to tell you she's sorry" and "Britt-Marie was here", so this should be a book I'll get into. His books are set in Sweden.
I've just finished Ben Aaronovitch's "Rivers of London". It's not a new book, but several people recommended it and I enjoyed it. Will move on to the next in his series.
What are you reading at the moment? We could start a Books to Fast By thread! :grin:
I do sometimes look at food/cooking books on fast days, but that can lead to my tummy rumbling!

Merry
I think we used to have a book club thread on here, but we could start a new "Books to fast by", I like that!!

I'm not reading anything great right now. I'm listening to Ready Player One on Audiobook and I'm ready a book called "Meaty" that my friend's college age daughter recommended to me. It's kinda funny, but pretty crass. I am a teacher though and have 2 days left of school, so I'm definitely going to be looking for more to read.

Have you heard of the Great American Read that's going on?

http://www.pbs.org/the-great-american-read/home/

There's definitely some books in there that I haven't read but want to!
4 posts Page 1 of 1