The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone!

I am aiming for a light day today, after the complete opposite yesterday.... :( Not sure if it was a reaction to being busy in the garden during the 3 previous days and then being mainly stuck inside yesterday - due to almost constant rain - and watching far too much TV... Also I had not had much sleep the night before, and that upsets my body's "balance". Or whether it is just a result of not taking @fat_teacher's advice and removing all the chocolate...!! :grin:

Another wet day today, so will have to find activities to keep me busy. I do have the weekly house cleaning. What fun. Not.

Anyway, good luck to all other fasters! :clover:
Good luck! I'm at the end of my first fast day for many many months, and hope I can sleep. I am seriously hungry!
Good luck today, @Sassy1! Hope the rain clears. That's never good for a light day. Oh ... and when you're done cleaning your place ... I had a busy weekend. :smile: Strength be with you - let the waves of hunger pass by. They don't last long. :like:
Thanks so much @fat_teacher :) :)

I am struggling already, and it is not even 10.30am. I have just sat down midway through the usual cleaning with a cuppa, and your words of encouragement are most welcome. Dinner is not til 7pm tonight, but I am determined to last til then. Once the regular clean is done, I do have other related chores I want to get out of the way today, as we are having a few people over on Saturday, and that is hopefully motivation to do things I tend to put off (like dusting picture frames...).

I note you mentioned elsewhere that you find it easier to not eat anything from dinner time to dinner time on fast days. That is a common experience - many of us find, even if we don't have any carbs, the urge to eat again becomes stronger after eating. I imagine there are psychological as well as physiological factors at work.

The rain has stopped, for a while at least, and there is even a touch of sun glinting through the grey skies. We have had over 60mm of rain in the past 36 hours - great for the garden, especially the 40 (flowering) shrubs we planted over the weekend. We have quite a few trees and other shrubs in our garden but not a lot of flowering plants. So we look forward to a bit of colour.

Will check a couple of other discussion threads..

Hope to hear from other fasters once the rest of the world wakes up! :grin: :grin:
I kept busy with chores until 5pm and then "had" to have a hard boiled egg which will hopefully see me through for the 2 hours til dinner. Only 6C outside - that is very cold for this time of year. Thank goodness for central heating! :wink: Have to find something else to occupy me for the next hour or so before I start dinner prep. I wait to see who else might fast today - our UK colleagues should be awake now :smile: , whereas our US colleagues should be asleep. :sleepy: Time will tell! :grin:
HI @Sassy1

I hope you got through the evening well. You sound like you were keeping on track.
I have had a good fast day today, to make up for my lack of fasting yesterday. A bowl of steamed veggies at lunch - I take some frozen ones to work and just zap them at lunchtime, and then a vegie "schnitzel" and some veg, and a small chia pudding for dessert.

I have got into making chia puddings in the last couple of weeks, as $3.99 each at the supermarket is a bit much! Very easy - just some chia seeds, almond or whatever milk, some cocoa and drops of vanilla, and sweetener if you wish. I make three small dishes, and have them usually for breakfast with some berries.

It's chilly here tonight in Melbourne, so off to bed now so I am not tempted to nibble.

Good luck to all the Northern Hemisphere folk.

Merry
Sorry to hear you had such a battle today, @Sassy1. Rain can be so depressing. Cold just makes you want to eat. Congratulations, though, on making it through to your egg(which I hope wasn't chocolate!) Your cold weather has made it's way up the coast just in time for my fast tomorrow.
Thanks @MerryMelb and @fat_teacher, I am happy with how my fast day went. :smile: I didn't eat as much as I usually do on fast/ light days, probably around 700-800 cal, but anything under 1000 is fine by me. And NOT a chocolate egg, FT!!

Seems like you did well too, MerryMelb. The chia pudding sounds good - could you give me more details? I generally just have berries with cottage cheese, but something different would be nice. And your idea of zapping frozen veggies for lunch is an easy meal - something to keep in mind too.

Doesn't look like anyone else joined us. :frown: Never mind.

It's freezing (almost literally) here again this morning. Trying to work out if I subject the doggies to the cold for their walk. The male is stupid, he will go out whatever (he is sitting just waiting for me to get up from the chair) but the female is curled up in bed with my son, and she would have to be dragged out!!

Enjoy your day, whatever the weather! :smile:
8 posts Page 1 of 1