The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
I have managed to fast until 7pm today and am posting before preparing dinner - chicken stir fry, with brown rice and quinoa. I will have some berries for dessert and see whether I can restrict my food to that for today...

Great to see more activity on the forum!

Best wishes to all other fasters. :clover: :smile:
Great job on your fast today and great to see you posting!
Hey there @Sassy1 - how lovely to see you on here!! What a brilliant fast day you've had. Fasting until 7pm? Wow! That deserves some sort of medal!

What days do you fast these days? How's it going?

Bean :smile:
Thanks for the post @Nursebean and asking about my situation. :smile: :smile:

I was posting quite a bit prior to a month aga, but I have been away the last few weeks and didn't have a lot of time to post.

I was happy with my fast day. I did have a small piece of cheese prior to bed, but otherwise stuck to my plan. Probably a 700cal day, but that is fine with me.

I haven't been having fast days very often, as I do struggle with coping with the hunger... As an "experienced" faster I do know all the tricks, they just don't seem to work so well anymore. Yesterday I managed to ignore the hunger pangs by keeping busy (this is the best strategy for me generally) - lots of house cleaning to be done after being away from home for 3 weeks (son at home does his best, but....!!).

Another reason I wasn't having fast days prior to going away was that I was doing a lot of intensive exercise in preparation for a bicycle event. From the reading I have done, I do feel it is important to keep up a regular intake of protein after such exercise, and this does not fit with fasting. Also, I needed food for fuel!!

And I am now about to start training for a major hike later this year, around Mt Blanc. I am still considering the best (feasible) strategy for losing a couple of inches around my tummy prior to that, so that I fit comfortably into the hiking pants I bought when I was slimmer. Possibly the training itself may help with the fat loss, but I do still need to find a way to manage my evening snacking,...

Thanks again for your interest. I have read all your recent posts, and admire your positivity as you tackle this next stage in your weight management journey. What are the eating challenges you need to address in order to maintain weight loss? Best wishes. :clover:
Morning @Sassy1!

Wow! So you have another cycling event coming up. That should keep you on your toes! I think low carb will be a great way to get rid of those 2 inches(!) 60g carbs a day? Plenty of protein and fat.

The only trouble I'm having with fasting is that I seem to gain 2 pounds after feast days and then lose 2 pounds after my fasts. I feel I'm not getting anywhere. Anyway, last week I lost 1.5 pounds after just 3 days so I shouldn't really complain.

Its difficult isn't it because to make fasting work really well and so that we are able to stick with it we're not supposed to worry too much on feast days (otherwise it'll feel as though we're on a permanent diet) but I think I probably shouldn't have had my scoop of ice-cream with Angel Delight (yes, I'm still hooked!) with squirty cream and then later some chocolates probably wasn't a great idea!! :wink:

Anyway, I'm determined to make this work. Tomorrow I need to see at least 11/12.5 or less - but today I'm 12.2!!

Watch this space...

Bean :bugeyes:
5 posts Page 1 of 1