The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting today, which is usual, but a little off kilter as Mon & Tues had work commitments that involved hotels and way too much food! So feeling hungry, but very resolute at 1:30 pm today...

Trying to decide whether to do a back to back, or to fast on Friday as 2nd day. Both can be difficult for me and I'm away for the weekend, so need at least two fasts this week so as not to lose progress!
Im in for my second fast of the week. MWF for me this week. I'm off to Tokyo for a long weekend. I probably won't do proper fasts there, but I'll skip meals when I can.

Good luck Wednesday fasters!
Good luck @nznicole :clover: Back to back fasts are challenging, but can work if determined.
I have a lot of sympathy for your situation. I have seriously overindulged while on holiday (still am on holiday), and am aiming for a (partial?) fast today, but don't feel like it at all. My Monday fast was only a partial one in the end, and yesterday I had almost 2 days worth of cals.... :( The idea for today is only veggie carbs, but not necessarily only 500 cals. Will see how I go. At least we won't be eating out today, which makes a big difference in how I am able to manage my intake. But I did really enjoy the cereal and milk (a rare treat!), the toasted panini, the pizza, the cheese roll, the mini chocolate Christmas pudding, yoyo biscuits, AND chocolates, as well as the healthier salads (huge serves tho) and heaps of berries and other fruit! Perhaps I should be posting in the confessions tent!!
Best wishes to other Wednesday fasters. :) :)
It's Wednesday? Then I'm fasting as part of my 4:3. After a few weeks of nudging up (for neither rhyme nor reason except, possibly that I had a couple of falls and the bruising hung around for a while) my scale numbers are now back at the lower rather than higher end of my range - all of which is rather gratifying and such a relief if it continues this way.
I am fasting today, too. My Monday fast went well but had a normal meal after 24hr fast, which amounted to about 700kcals. However the last two fasts where virutally hungerless and on Monday, I could have easily continued my fast until the next morning had it not been for the fact that DH had cooked a lovely meal and it seemed a shame to let it get cold and eat the next day. As DH is away tonight and therefore no thank-you-for-cooking eating or any other temptation, I am re-taking Monday's fast.
Last night I did some Christmas baking and did a lot of tasting so I am totally stuffed this morning...
Wishing everybody a successful fast day.
Just back from our holiday in Japan having gained 8 pounds in weight! Not surprising really because of eating three meals a day that included rice & not fasting. I'm a little surprised because of all the walking we did but had also had long coach & train journeys. So back to fasting with a vengeance to try & get rid of this extra weight let alone to continue trying to keep losing weight to get eventually to my goal weight !! I'm already feeling empty so just having a coffee but I suspect today will be difficult getting back into fasting until supper around six this evening.
I am not sure if I am really fasting.... but I call this my pre Christmas fast and I have not eaten anything yet today. Because everyone is talking about eating windows on this forum I decided to try. Since Advent Sunday I have had a smaller breakfast at 15:00 and then supper at 18:00. Nothing after 19:00 until 15:00 the next day. So I am doing 20/4 I suppose. It is going great. I am loosing a little weight. I am not hungry at all. But these couple of hours before my break fast every day are the hard ones. Which is why I am writing here now. Cold and tense... After 14:00 my husband and I go for our afternoon walk. So I really only have to survive until then. Even though it is winter here, I always feel warmer when walking, rather than sitting still at the computer.
Last year was my first Advent since I started 5:2, and absolutely everything went wrong. So that is an other reason why I am highly motivated for this year's pre Christmas fast. I am also hoping that this window-way-of-eating will get rid of the extra fat that has still been hanging around my belly and chest. :grin:
When you want the fasting afternoon to go faster this Forum is an excellent time spender. Thanks everyone!
PS. it says that it is 14:30 at the top, but because time Zone difference it is only 15:30 here.
Hello,
I'm in today. It's a little harder today than usual, I'm hungrier than usual. Also, we have an event at school today and lunch is being provided, but I will just avoid the lunchroom. I think it's still easier to skip that lunch altogether than try to eat my own boring lunch! I'm looking forward to the nice grilled chicken salad I will have for dinner!
Have a great fast day everyone!
Good morning, I'm here today! Mondays fast went ok so I'm hoping today will go well also. Have a good day everyone!
Margotsylvia wrote: Last year was my first Advent since I started 5:2, and absolutely everything went wrong. So that is an other reason why I am highly motivated for this year's pre Christmas fast.

I recently realised that this is my 4th Winter as a faster which was food for thought. :)

I should be home soon. Looking forward to my dinner.

I hope other people are having a peaceful FD (appetite-wise).

:clover:
Dropping with tiredness so I'm off to bed (DH is meeting chums so will be home later). I hope to fall asleep but may well be back later if I wake up.

My evening's been comfortable. I'm fantasising about a couple of kayak expeditions that I'd like to participate in at some point. :)
Well done to all Wednesday fasters. A special congrats to Ssure - 4 winters - you seem to be the fasting veteran. :lol: :like:
Doing a 36 hr no food fast and had a boullion of about 10 kcals. I had hoped to be asleep by now....
Night, night. I see the 4th of December tent has already opened. :smile:
12 posts Page 1 of 1