The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting on Wed 30th
30 Jan 2013, 07:59
Hello everybody!
This is my second fasting day (1st was Monday) and I feel already weak!
Planning on having a miso soup and a rice cracker at lunch time.

Anybody else fasting today?
Re: Fasting on Wed 30th
30 Jan 2013, 09:12
Hi Rosalie,
this is my first fasting day. i have some fruit for lunch. so im hoping that i dont feel weak like you. How did you feel on Monday?
30 Jan 2013, 09:13
Me today.

Crispbreads and guacamole (once I work the cals out) after 12. Chicken (leftover from last night) and/or chicken soup depending on what I make later.

Good luck all.
30 Jan 2013, 10:36
busybee wrote: Hi Rosalie,
this is my first fasting day. i have some fruit for lunch. so im hoping that i dont feel weak like you. How did you feel on Monday?

Hey busybee!
Good luck on your first day.
On Monday I felt very well. This is what I had
lunch: miso soup and 3 rice crackers
dinner: 100g roast chicken and lettuce
total calories intake during the day 327 kcal
I felt quite good in fact and slept very well.
Enjoy your "lunch"!
30 Jan 2013, 10:40
Hi, I am fasting today too! And like you my first fast was Monday.

Just starting to get hungry now at 10:38 but will try and wait for lunch time. Then I will be having my 25g of porridge oats made with water. If I get peckish this afternoon I have a satsuma. Dinner tonight is a 2 egg omelette made with 10g of cheese and lots of spinnach leaves and some cherry tomatoes.

Have a wonderful fasting day everyone! xx
30 Jan 2013, 11:06
I'm fasting today. I had my usual porridge breakfast then nothing until after my run tonight when I plan to have some soup. I'm not too bad so far but then I've been really busy at work!
30 Jan 2013, 11:11
Hi all - I'm fasting today, my first one. Just had porridge made with water which actually wasn't the gag-fest I expected! Planning on a miso soup later and then chicken for dinner. Good luck everyone x
30 Jan 2013, 11:20
Fasting today too. Been doing 5:2 since November (even managed the odd few days over the Xmas period) - it's definitely easier now than when I started - so hang in there one and all. The health benefits, in addition to the weight benefits, are an incentive to us all. Got roasted veg on the menu tonight - something to look forward to !
30 Jan 2013, 12:41
Hi Guys!
Its my first fast day today. I work from home so I graze all day! This is a really strange feeling not stopping to eat. I keep getting up to go and get something to eat and then remembering.
Although I am not that hungry! So far I have 3 black coffees and a cup a soup and a litre of water. Whats everyone having for din dins...
30 Jan 2013, 12:42
Hi Guys!
Its my first fast day today. I work from home so I graze all day! This is a really strange feeling not stopping to eat. I keep getting up to go and get something to eat and then remembering.
Although I am not that hungry! So far I have 3 black coffees and a cup a soup and a litre of water. Whats everyone having for din dins...
30 Jan 2013, 15:43
Hi Madaline I work from home too so know what you mean. Impressed you've had so much water - that's my downfall, I never drink enough unless it's coffee or wine ;)
30 Jan 2013, 16:06
Hi Guys

This is my 4th fast day and have struggled a little today. I've developed a headache for some reason, however this may not be fasting related.

I've drunk nearly 2 litres of water and now having a redbush tea, two ibuprofen and a sugar free jelly to see if that straightens me out - would hate to buckle now after getting this far.

Dinner is home made roasted butternut squash casserole and more sugar free jelly. It's only 8 calories per portion and it is my pudding for fast days.

Good luck everyone...

x x x
30 Jan 2013, 17:55
It was my 6th fast day today!! I did Monday and today as I have my wedding anniversary tomorrow and a birthday meal out on Saturday, so got them out the way early!!

I ate at 10pm last night and fasted until 5pm tonight. 2nd time I have eaten all my calories in one go and I have to say I think I prefer this method!

I had two homemade meatballs for dinner, 75g spaghetti pasta and 30g low fat cheddar -I'm now stuffed! Worth the wait I can tell you!

Now I can go for brunch with hubby tomorrow, and have a lovely meal in the evening without worrying!!!

Fasts are hard but I am finding they are getting a little easier now. I also had colleages tell me how slim I look today (first day back since Friday), which felt good :D
30 Jan 2013, 21:10
Ch1ckpea wrote: It was my 6th fast day today!! I did Monday and today as I have my wedding anniversary tomorrow and a birthday meal out on Saturday, so got them out the way early!!

I ate at 10pm last night and fasted until 5pm tonight. 2nd time I have eaten all my calories in one go and I have to say I think I prefer this method!

I had two homemade meatballs for dinner, 75g spaghetti pasta and 30g low fat cheddar -I'm now stuffed! Worth the wait I can tell you!

Now I can go for brunch with hubby tomorrow, and have a lovely meal in the evening without worrying!!!

Fasts are hard but I am finding they are getting a little easier now. I also had colleages tell me how slim I look today (first day back since Friday), which felt good :D

Well done you - sounds like it's going great. I don't think I can last all day, but I might on my next fast day and see how I get on...

Enjoy your meals tomorrow :D

Krissie x x
14 posts Page 1 of 1