The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

16 posts Page 1 of 2
Morning All,

Am I the first? Anyway, after a Saturday during which I rather overindulged I am enjoying this lovely Spring day. Good luck to all of you!
Re: any other fasters today
05 May 2013, 07:24
Hope your fast goes well today! :-) xx
05 May 2013, 07:30
Thanks and I hope the same for you and all the others as well. Don't know where on this planet you are, but here in the Netherlands it's promising to be a lovely, sunny Spring day. :clover:
05 May 2013, 07:31
I'm here - another maintenance fast day. Nothing to eat until a decent bike session has been done, then lunch and dinner with no real restrictions, just being sensible. This approach has worked OK for the last month to stabilize at current weight.
I think I'll have a half fast today. Normally fast on Monday, but it's a bank holiday tomorrow here in the UK, so we've changed to Tuesday for next week. After an indulgent couple of days and stepping on the scales this morning, I think I need to be sensible before then! As I'm at work today (boo!) I'll live on fruit teas until I get home and then I think hubby's got a big salad planned for tea so that should be nice. :)
Good luck Jemima and enjoy your salad! :clover:
Hi everyone

I am fasting today too. Its a lovely day so I think some work in the garden is called for.

Hope you all have a great day.
Undecided here! Haven't eaten yet as in trying to undo a nearly entire box of heroes I polished off earlier in the week! Was going to skip Monday and do tues/thurs, but feeling the fasting buzz and getting lots done so may go for a fast today instead of tues. went out last night for sushi (first time) and a couple of vodkas so not hungry yet, been doing 36hr fasts the last couple of weeks so also got that decision to make too! Hmmm...part of me thinks I may as well get it done and be done with! Still will have bank holiday Monday to enjoy without a fast day looming! I'll let you know
Count me in! I'm planning to do ADF this week to get back on track :)
I'm going to try it today. I've only been up for an hour tho. It's raining here in Kentucky ugh, any suggestions to keep my mind off food?
Done and dusted after a very disappointing weigh in and measure session. But, hey no, eating isn't going to make it better so another successful fast. Need to regroup and look at the approach and try and get this shifted....
Still not eaten and it's 5pm so fast day it is! Just feeding my little baby and the BBQ is fired up for my partner and daughter, not too fussed about BBQ food so may pass on 500 calorie meal, although not being too strict on that so if I eat I eat if I don't I don't! I get through my fast days by delaying eating through the day rather than saying I won't eat. If I'm hungry I do a chore or get through the next bit of work and so on, hope that helps you! It usually results in a nice tidy house! Good luck for the rest of the day!
I normally fast on mondays and wednesdays. Fasting today instead of tomorrow because I'm going to the Dales Festival of Food and Drink. Testing out the flexibility of 5:2! :)
Wow this thread isn't very busy!

I'm fasting today. Nothing to eat so far and the 'negative symptoms' only started to kick in at about 6pm (feeling cold, headache, irritable, extreme hunger, stiiiiinky breath). Just another hour and then I'll eat. :)
Well it's gone 8pm and I've still not eaten and as my appetite disappears after 8pm I shall go through until the morning. Happy to have a surprise fast day and still go without 500 cal meal, and haven't even had coffee either (but have had diet coke), looking forward to breakfast and not having two fast days close together in the week to come! I'm feeling the cold too, have put on the massive fast day jumper to attempt to warm me up a bit!
16 posts Page 1 of 2