The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

13 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting: Sunday 10th Feb
10 Feb 2013, 12:00
Well... no one has created a topic for today - does no one fast on a Sunday? No one willing to sacrifice their roast dinner?? :lol:

Well... i'm fasting today, i wouldn't usually fast on a Sunday myself but hubby had to work today and my 'big' weigh in is tomorrow! It's harder today as i went out last night, consumed way too many calories (alcohol and cheesy chips at the end of the night :o ) so need to do this today! It's hard as i just want to eat carbs!!

I finished my chips at 1am so will have a bowl of porridge at 1pm today, then have the rest of my allowance later! One more day of being too strict then i can relax a little!! Can't believe i have been doing this for 4 weeks now - 2 weeks on 5:2 and 2 weeks on 4:3 - that's 10 FAST DAYS :shock:
Re: Fasting: Sunday 10th Feb
10 Feb 2013, 12:08
Hi Chickpea, I'm fasting today. Sunday is a great day because it counteracts Saturday's excesses and also allows for a lie-in which kills a few hours!

It's supposed to be my weigh in today but the scales hadn't budged since last week so...I'm thinking I may be retaining water because I slept in...therefore will try again later after a few cleansing glasses of water. The things we tell ourselves, eh?!

So far, so good, only tea consumed. Will have homemade soup for lunch and maybe paella with prawns for tea (need to check calorie count on this first), other wise it will be chicken (AGAIN!).

Good luck!
10 Feb 2013, 12:14
Hello Ch1ckpea and alligatoruk
I'm fasting today as usual on a Sunday. It's a working day here. Working outside in 26C and doing ok. Had lots of water, not enough coffee and holding out.
Only a couple of hour til tea time when I'll have my 500cals.
Don't know what I'm having as I'm boarding out. It could be interesting.
Good luck with your fasts.
10 Feb 2013, 12:25
Hi Jane - I'm guessing you're somewhere abroad (and as it's 26c) I'm jealous of you already! At least you've got that evening meal to look forward to pretty soon and keeping yourself busy is always a good idea.

Just think of that fab slim body you're on the way to having. I'm focussing on fitting into all those pairs on jeans that are in a box under my bed (without any muffin top or button digging in)
10 Feb 2013, 12:31
Hi! It is my 3rd fast today.. last 3 days were feed days and feel as if I have overdone it. Am goint to try ADF. If difficult then will do 4:3. Need a little more time to settle in this new routine. This forum is very informative, supportive & motivating.
10 Feb 2013, 12:39
I usually fast on a Sunday as I usually can lie in so its easier to not eat until lunchtime. I tend to eat the most on Saturdays so its good to give my stomach a rest on Sunday!
I'm going to avoid the scales today though as I ate quite a lot yesterday and had several glasses of wine.
10 Feb 2013, 12:55
So glad i'm not the only one :-)

Just about to have a bowl of porridge although i'm thinking what else i could eat for 200 calories that would be equally as delicious! I have fish pie tonight, 300 cals of yum.

Good luck guys...
10 Feb 2013, 13:22
I'm squishing in an extra fast day today too, as I also we'll and truly overdid it yesterday.
I'm not going to do 24 hrs as that would mean waiting until 10.30 tonight.
I have some homemade leek and pot soup for 140 cals that I'm planning on having around 5.30/6 o'clock tonight, and possibly some beans on toast with some low fat soft cheese mixed in, and possibly an egg on the side.
Sitting here having some fizzy water which I have developed a taste for since starting 5:2.
Good luck everyone weighing in or fasting today. We have the power lol x
10 Feb 2013, 13:47
Hi all, Sunday and Tuesday are my chosen days, this is my third fast and going very well so far. Don't really need to lose much weight but trying to get control of inflammation around my hip joints. I still run a bit, and do parkrun on Saturdays, which is a 5km event with friendly people and stopwatch timing with results on the internet. Yesterday was my best time for ten months despite the fasts - really pleased, something is working. Much less stiffness than usual. Keep up the good work everyone:-)
CreakyPete
10 Feb 2013, 14:41
CreakyPete wrote: Hi all, Sunday and Tuesday are my chosen days, this is my third fast and going very well so far. Don't really need to lose much weight but trying to get control of inflammation around my hip joints. I still run a bit, and do parkrun on Saturdays, which is a 5km event with friendly people and stopwatch timing with results on the internet. Yesterday was my best time for ten months despite the fasts - really pleased, something is working. Much less stiffness than usual. Keep up the good work everyone:-)
CreakyPete

Hi CreakyPete - I also run a bit, only around the 3 or 4 miles 2 or 3 times a week, I have also been known to do a parkrun on a Saturday morning (Conkers, in Stafforshire).

Since fasting, only 4 fast down so far, I have found my runs getting easier and my times improving - next aim is to up the distance so hopefully fasting will help with that too! :D
10 Feb 2013, 16:40
Hello! I am fasting today. I had my first week two weeks ago and didn't have a very good second fast day (it coincided with my period and I was in a FOUL mood), then I was a bit reluctant to do it again last week. I have now given myself a talking-to and am back on it.

I had a 100-cal protein shake after the gym at about 2pm, and just had 50-cal chicken and some bouillon to see me through to dinner. I am experimenting with one of those M&S FFL meals everyone raves about as it was discounted.

I do usually cook for myself though. ;)
10 Feb 2013, 16:42
I'm not sure how much longer I can last until dinner though, but I'm aiming for after 6pm.
11 Feb 2013, 07:24
Sunday was my second fast day, didn't go too well. Had a massive mood drop in the afternoon, which is something to expect as the blood sugar level drops. But I was being all weepy sobbing randomly for about 2 hours, so I finally caved and had about 1000cals in total. My mood righted itself almost immediately after eating, and I was fine.
13 posts Page 1 of 1