The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Wednesday 16th Jan Fasters
16 Jan 2013, 11:45
Today is my second fast day. Have just had a mullerlight yogurt and a banana. Plan to have a salad for lunch and for dinner I'll hopefully make some form of ratatouille-type something with the broccoli, carrots and green beans I have in the fridge with a tin of chopped tomatoes, maybe some pearl barley in there and make a big batch for next weeks fasts too, am thinking if I throw plenty of fresh thyme, garlic etc in I'll end up with something fairly tasty.

Not sure if I'm hungry or thirsty right now so I'll have a diet coke I think, it'll be refreshing and maybe the bubbles will fill me up a bit.

Does anyone else have 3 meals a day while fasting? Most people seem to have one or two. At the moment I don't have a choice as am on antibiotics that need to be taken with food three times a day, but I think I'll stay the same after too, it just feels more normal.
Re: Wednesday 16th Jan Fasters
16 Jan 2013, 11:59
I'm fasting today too! decided to make it easier on ourselves and got some ready made meals to pack up for hubby's lunches.

I tried three meals, but to be honest, I think two is a lot easier. I go until lunchtime, putting it off as long as I can. I find that eating breakfast makes the hunger stronger for me. I also think it's easier to divide the calories into two meals than three. My goal is to get to the point where I only have one meal on fasting day.

I'm starting to realize I don't have to be afraid of the hunger, and that I'm not going to pass out doing normal daily activities.
16 Jan 2013, 12:13
I am fasting today and wanted something a bit more substantail for an evening meal so...

No breakfast

Turkey salad for lunch, 140 cals

For dinner I am having a Basa (white fish) fillet at 309 cals, making up the rest with vegtables.

Just finishing the Turkey salad now
16 Jan 2013, 12:18
I was planning to do Mon/Thurs but Hubbys had some shift changes at work so it made more sense to fast today when he's out of my way and not making toast!

I'm going to see how I go today and I might even chuck in friday as well :o
16 Jan 2013, 15:36
I'm heading outside to shovel snow. I'm hoping the activity gets my mind off my tummy.
16 Jan 2013, 16:01
Just had my lunch, a tuna salad I had to eat out of a mixing bowl it was so big.

110g lettuce (15cals)
80g cucumber (10cals)
140g baby plum tomatoes (25cals)
90g tuna (90cals) and
2tbsp hellman's fat free vinaigrette (15cals)
Total of 155cals for a huge bowl, could become a regular on fast days.

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm fascinated by what people eat on fast days. Part curiosity, part second-hand greed, part looking for ideas to steal....

No snow here!! Very glad as I have to walk to college this evening.
16 Jan 2013, 18:14
Skykitty, I have three meals a day. Years of doing WeightWatchers where regular eating used to be drummed into you - although I believe they've changed their plan since I did it back in the seventies. I read a twitter post by Dr Michael Mosley where he discourages diet drinks because the sweetness in them encourages you to crave sugar. (I think that's what he said!) Might be a struggle for you to get off them but water is much more beneficial.
16 Jan 2013, 20:11
I've had a big bowl of tuna salad and I'm so full!

I started off the day really well and got on the treadmill while watching catch up telly. Must have been about an hour and quarter because I watched Ancient Aliens (fast forwarded adverts) and Mrs Browns boys .. thats an odd mix :lol:

Afternoon got horrible as I had an awful migraine, not fasting related it's just something I suffer from often, so I took one of my new emergency tablets which made me queasy and then knocked me out totally.

I've had a brew and feel a bit better .. I've had less than 300 cals today and really don't want anything else but it's nice to know I could have a hot choc if I wanted :)

Hope todays gone well for you all :D
16 Jan 2013, 20:26
Ok, I am very pleasantly surprised to note that it's 3:26pm and I am no hungrier than I was at 9am. Yes, I'm hungry, but it's totally manageable and I don't feel faint.

I think fear of what could happen if I don't eat is the biggest thing!
10 posts Page 1 of 1