The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

33 posts Page 2 of 3
My younger son is getting married sometime either late this year or early Spring next year (I say that because he's still looking for a venue and can't set the date until he finds one).
I need to get to my ultimate goal of at least 55k or under by then....very do-able I'd say AND STAY THERE! I want to look elegant for the wedding, not just 'nice'!
So that's my goal. :inlove:
Auriga wrote: ...I want to look elegant for the wedding, not just 'nice'!
@auriga, I reckon elegance is a state of mind. A quiet confidence in ones self that oozes out regardless of the garments. Sometimes there is never the right outfit that makes me feel good. Sometimes I hold my head high in a track suit. As mother of the groom I have no doubt that you will be glowing with pride and consequently ooze that elegance. Enjoy the run up to the wedding. :wink:
I've been looking for a dress for the last few weeks for my vows renewal - couldn't find what I wanted (it had to match an existing coat and bag). Thought I should try on the original dress I bought with the coat 15 years ago, on the off-chance it might fit and :grin: :grin: it fits perfectly.

This obviously leaves me with a bigger budget for new shoes :cool:
Bigger budget for shoes is always good.
I tried on my size 16 dress and it very nearly fits so I am going to order the size 14 just in case.
These frocks look interesting. http://bodyfrock.co.uk/shop/category/springsummer-14/. I have a load of shapewear but either the dress slip hem rolls up or the bicycle shorts top rolls down. Can ye recommend a brand and style? I don't have a dress yet, but I think if the shapewear fits well I will plan the outer layer around it.

..ahhh lads ye have it so easy! :grin:
Hi Eventers!
Just thought I would shout out and see how you are all doing? I have actually reached my 17 May goal already....yipeeeeee!

I was shopping online for a dress last night. Its a church thing, but I wanted something a bit dressy and maybe clingy to show off my new curves, but cover my arms and voluminous cleevage. :oops: . However, when I sent the image to my sis she shot it down and laughed at how short and tight it is. I am struggling now trying to find something suitable. As a 40 yr old I dont want to look frumpy, but dont want to look like a trollop either. Is there a happy medium?
Well done @scubachick Hope you're feeling very proud of your achievements especially meeting your May goal already, happy shopping. :clover: :clover:
scubachick wrote: Hi Eventers!
Just thought I would shout out and see how you are all doing? I have actually reached my 17 May goal already....yipeeeeee!

I was shopping online for a dress last night. Its a church thing, but I wanted something a bit dressy and maybe clingy to show off my new curves, but cover my arms and voluminous cleevage. :oops: . However, when I sent the image to my sis she shot it down and laughed at how short and tight it is. I am struggling now trying to find something suitable. As a 40 yr old I dont want to look frumpy, but dont want to look like a trollop either. Is there a happy medium?

If you post in the fashionista tent you might get some 2nd opinions and suggestions. I'm not sufficiently fashion conscious!
I second what merlin says, pop a pic into the fashionista tent and we will give you an honest opinion. Is your sis more conservative than you? Older? Smaller ? Larger?
Hi gang!
Just wondering how you're all get on. Millymay, Debs you have not long to go.

I have popped a calander for the year on the front of the thread. Let me know if you want to be edited or added.

I finaly got a dress for my May event today. I will pop a pic onto the Fashionistas thread. Much less tarty than my original frock! It was mad shopping though. Sometimes a UK12 was swimming on me and sometimes a UK16 was skimpy. Enough to make a gal go :shock:
I achieved my basic goal last month. To have a low enough weight to have surgery.

My next rather fuzzy goal is to lose a fair bit more weight before my daughter comes home from Dubai mid-August and for my holidays immediatly afterwards. But first I need to get a full fast under my belt again. I have fallen off the wagon since my surgery.
Thanks for pointing me in this direction scuba chick i have a wedding to attend on the 7th June so not long to go now, hopefully i will lose some more weight by then i was hoping to get another 71b off.
I think we may have a week away in either late July or late August so i am determined to keep going and wear all the lovely clothes i have bought from Ebay :wink:
The ante has been well and truly upped.

When we go to the festival for our 2nd honeymoon, I've booked us in the communal outside spa, dress code :shock: NAKED :shock: Not sure I can do it, but losing a few pounds will help me feel better.

Am I bonkers even thinking of it?
Bonkers but Brave minum..very brave! But good on you for having the confidence! :like:
I like your adventurous spirit :like:
Would it be okay for me to drop in {she asks oh so tentatively}? Although I am a maintaineer now, I do have a big event that I could use support for. The last few years I have walked the Turkey Trot, a 5K race held all over the US on Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 27, 2014). This year I really want to run it. But that means I need to start running (which I've never done before). Not just talking about running. Not just downloading the C25K app :grin:

On race day it will have been a year, pretty much to the day, that I reached my acceptable weight range. It will also happen the same month I turn 60. So, very symbolic.

I promise to support you all all the way if you don't toss me out of here... :smile:
33 posts Page 2 of 3