The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

33 posts Page 1 of 3
Hi folks,
Anyone trying to hit a weight loss goal for a big day or event? Wedding, family event, big party etc.... then come on in and pitch your tent beside me!

Personally I have 2 dates in mind. The first is 17 May 2014 when I have a family event where there will be lots of photos. My second date is December 2014 when I am due back to work after a 2 year sebatical to look after the kids. I am aiming to have reached goal by December. I have 24lbs to lose. The May deadling could see me loosing 12lbs, assuming I lose 1lb per week. So that is my halfway goal.

Our calendar of events!
@Minumonline, March. how was your vow renewal? How many years are you married? Congrats! Any plans yet for the 50th? Hawaii five oh party!!
May @Millymay, @Debs, Scubachick
June @Carieoates, @Sweetenough, @janpartly
July Minumonline, Carieoates, Millymay
August @Brand-ie, @Tracieknits, @Julieathome, @Rawkaren
November @wendyjane
December Debs, Scubachick
@Caroline75, when us your holiday?
@Auriga, and date set for your sons wedding? Must be lists everywhere in your house now. :grin:
Loving your spirit @scubachick not to mention your avatar and your signature. I don't have a pressing event but you did look lonely so I came to,check,out your tent. Sweet spot am sure others will be along soon :yinyang: :yinyang: this is all I could find which looked like fish
Hi there, like gillymary, thought I'd just pop in to wish you luck. :clover: I hope you achieve your goals, we will be watching :geek: so there is no escape now :shock: :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
I need to fit in the size 16 dress I have just bought for my SILs wedding mid august. I am currently a size 20
gillymary wrote: Loving...your avatar..
thanks. :like: :like: This picture was taken of me sitting on the rocks off Ireland that year we had a summer for a couple of days! :grin:

Hi @Brand-ie. Welcome to the tent. I thought there would be loads of brides and grooms to be!
I've got a couple this year ; Its our 20th Wedding Anniversary on 10th March, and we are renewing our vows in church. I'd love to be a bit slimmer for that, especially as I'm buying an outfit I'm hoping to have for "best" for years to come, so not sure what to do about sizing.

Then in July, I will be 50, so want to be slim and glam for whatever we decide to do celebrate it :grin: :grin:
Ooo yes I'm in, being a tent hopper again. Good idea scuba. I have my hubs nieces wedding in June 17 weeks and my lovely nephews in July when I will also be holidaying with my skinny sister. Lol. So no incentive there then. Lol
I turn 40 in June and a wedding Labor Day Weekend. Thinking those are good goal days. I'm in. :) Good luck everyone. @carioates, I have a skinny sister too! haha
Hey, my boyfriend's sports team is part of a big awards ceremony/dinner dance at the start of May so I would like to wear a size 12 (or 10 if I'm lucky!) dress for that! :)
Hay @sweetenough, you sre the same fine vintage as myself. I decided to ignore it and celebrate in a few years, when I get used to the idea!

Minumonline wrote: ..not sure what to do about sizing.. want to be slim and glam for whatever we decide to do celebrate it :grin: :grin:
I was just about to post something similar @minumonline! I hate the fashions now, but that might be my age. I find everything is either clubby youth or frumpy mum. Is there such a thing as trendy classic and if so where! Congrats on the vow renewal!

@Millymay, I'm jelous! That sounds like a fancy event.
I am going on holiday in may so that's my inspiration. I am fed up getting on the plane thinking this will be the time the dreaded seat belt wont close and i will have to ask for the dreaded extension... so far i have always managed but i still worry about it so just to be sure i want to lose a few inches so it closes with ease and maybe have room to spare.
Like your thinking scuba chick! Although my auto correct is determined to call you scuba hick!!
I have a couple of events this year, a cruise at the end of May which may create a bit of damage, and my 50 in December when I would like to look good for a beach holiday somewhere.
So, another tent for me to camp in!
Oooh, hols. Have to book something so that I can look forward to it! With me on an unpaid career break funds are tight, but even if its a week with my mam, it would be better than a year of work as usual ratrace stretched infront of me!
Debs wrote: ...my auto correct is determined to call you scuba hick!
well @Debs, "scuba hick" might be closer to the truth, especially after my Friday night wine :grin: happy 50th. There are 4 so far with a zero birthday!
... also just realised it's my uni graduation ceremony at the end of July, definitely aiming for a size 10 by then! :)

congrats to everyone celebrating big birthdays this year!
We have two weeks in France in late August, so I'm hoping to be slimmer for the photos. My goal is a pound a week, which if I make it would mean 26 pounds by then!

I only lost 11 last year, so I'm not going to count on losing that much - but oh it would be nice!!
33 posts Page 1 of 3