The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

25 posts Page 1 of 2
World cup decamping wigwam!
12 Jun 2014, 12:38
This is a temporary wigwam for anyone who, likes me, will NOT be watching, following, cheering, flying flags or having absolutely anything to do with the World cup.
It is a non-event in out household.
TV will be dire, but we don't watch much anyway, so we will be spending the time in the great outdoors, assuming it's not raining in the grand little island of ours!

Hope some of you can come and keep me company in here! I might even provide a few nibbles!
Re: World cup decamping wigwam!
12 Jun 2014, 12:59
I will be with you but cannot escape it as Hubby will be glued! Also various friends here for relevant games. Will be calling in here often!
12 Jun 2014, 13:33
Yes, I'll definitely be in this wigwam. I'll put the billy on immediately.
12 Jun 2014, 14:31
Will definitely be joining you. Luckily OH isn't into football either. Will have to pop out though when the Tour de France starts.

Could we have Pimms with the nibbles PennyForthem?
12 Jun 2014, 15:08
I'm sheltering in here too. Luckily our house is a football free zone even with husband and three boys. Youngest would have liked to be into football but unfortunately for him we weren't. He had to make do with rugby, dirt and quad bikes instead. :)
12 Jun 2014, 15:35
PennyForthem wrote: This is a temporary wigwam for anyone who, likes me, will NOT be watching, following, cheering, flying flags or having absolutely anything to do with the World cup.
It is a non-event in out household.
TV will be dire, but we don't watch much anyway, so we will be spending the time in the great outdoors, assuming it's not raining in the grand little island of ours!

Hope some of you can come and keep me company in here! I might even provide a few nibbles!

OH is planning a very early night tomorrow as the Australian team is playing at about 7.30am Saturday..

go Soceroooooooooooooooooooss

:like: :like: :like: :like:
12 Jun 2014, 15:41
My OH will probably watch the England matches, so I'll be around- maybe not for long as he wont bother once England has been knocked out!
12 Jun 2014, 16:32
A new tent. Feels very nice in here. Yes I will be popping in I have no doubt :like:
12 Jun 2014, 16:54
Count me in. Can't stand football or anything to do with it, OH will probably watch some of it but only when it does not interfere with the Cricket
12 Jun 2014, 17:36
Yes, I have a cricket fan too, with occasional forays into football and *shock horror* we have but one tv in our home!!
I will grow roots in here :0)
12 Jun 2014, 17:49
I feel at home in here already, thanks Penny, you always think of everything, large Pinot Grigio please, well chilled......mmmmmmm

Ballerina x :heart:
12 Jun 2014, 18:28
Yayyyy! Wigwam Bam ! I will deffo be in here coz football bores me rigid! Puts on more years than a Ming Vase :lol: x
12 Jun 2014, 19:06
Was wondering how come i could hear the noise of a telly somewhere outside..
Some neighbours have got a projector screen set up on a wall in their garden..two gardens away..for the football no doubt.
Oh joy, no need to put my tv on then! Can hear everything on theirs!
Looks like might have to keep the windows closed.. And pray for rain :confused: x
12 Jun 2014, 20:54
Shock horror we only have 1 TV as well!
12 Jun 2014, 21:20
Ha ha . I will be dropping by as I can't be missing anything. I will be sitting on both sides of the fence as usual. I did used to play football. :shock:
25 posts Page 1 of 2