The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

23 posts Page 2 of 2
Oh yes, loved B &P's blancmanges! No child's party was complete without a pink blancmange made in a rabbit shaped mould and served on a dish of chopped up green jelly! Yummy!
Whitelily77 wrote: Butterscotch angel delight is very nice WITH banana :).
I remembered having it that way, but not sure that I fancy it now.
Yum!
Mmmmm Blancmange, especially chocolate blancmange.

Grown ups trifle. Take a dozen ginger nut biscuits, sandwich them in twos with strawberry jam.
Lay them in the base of a trifle bowl (large glass bowl) and sprinkle with a tablespoon of sherry.
Pour on strawberry jelly and leave to set.
Make up thick chocolate blancmange, allow to cool and pour over the jelly, smooth flat.
When the blancmange is set, pipe on whipped cream and decorate with strawberries and grated chocolate.
No, not butterscotch, horrible!! Now, Raspberry Instant Whip, that I could go for!!!
While we are on the subject, a kiwi friend of mine is adamant that she lived on tinned trifle when she was living in Southampton in the early eighties. Now I'm a pom and I have never heard of it. Birds packet trifle maybe, but tinned??? Anyone enlighten me as I'm convinced she was stoned at the time!!!?
Hmm not sure I've heard of TINNED trifle! How would that work?!!

Oooh you've just reminded me of Instant Whip! Do they still make it? Man Alive I think I'm going to have to search some out!! :bugeyes:

Now Debs...have you actually tried Butterscotch Angel Delight, though? Only it does taste better than just butterscotch...and its light and fluffy and...that's it..I've gotta go and get me a whole vat of it...bye for now!!! :geek:
Any Angel delight, instant whip or flavoured custard, :curse: :cry: :frown: Yuk yuk yuk
Tinned sponge pudding -yes. Tinned trifle no -I don't think it would be possible.
Ha, ha, that started another argument :wink:
Yes, they still make Angel Delight and you can get it in 'English' shops over here still, had some the other day!
And yes nursebean, I had it when I was young at home, although in fairness I hated sprouts when I was young and love them now, so I may retry it and get back to you!

Thank you for the tinned trifle feedback, I couldn't see it working either and I'm waiting for her to get back to me with evidence as no one I know believes it either!!
23 posts Page 2 of 2