The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

23 posts Page 1 of 2
Butterscotch Angel Delight!!
05 Nov 2013, 13:17
This has to be the BEST pudding of all time. Even Greg Wallace says this is his favourite. And it has to be butterscotch flavour...none of your strawberries or banana flavours!

Does anyone else have weird taste in food like me?! :bugeyes:
Is it trolling if I say I prefer chocolate angel delight?! :)
Yum, yum, sorry Moggie, nurse it right it has to be butterscotch.
Oh well done Wildmissus! Maggie? Have you actually TRIED butterscotch?! :bugeyes:
Can you still buy it? Always was my fave!
I love both. And they both have to have a Cadbury's Flake mashed and sprinkled on the top AND cooking chocolate chips mixed up inside.

(*sighs wistfully* Ah.... the good old days......)
Butterscotch all the way!

My dear departed Mum used to make a butterscotch parfait for me for my birthday treat when I was a kid, which was even better. I think the ingredients were custard powder, brown sugar, butter and cream...mmmmmm...
If I was forced to eat angel delight it would be butterscotch. It's one thing I can leave anytime. Don't know why. Nice to see you back @carorees. Good holiday?
carieoates wrote: If I was forced to eat angel delight it would be butterscotch. It's one thing I can leave anytime. Don't know why. Nice to see you back @carorees. Good holiday?

Yes, very good indeed, thanks...hence the 1kg gain in weight! :shock:
Fasting today and hoping for a rapid reversal!
No butterscotch Angel Delight for me for quite a while methinks!
Actually Caroline, I don't think it's TOO bad...although you probably shouldn't add ice-cream (which I tend to do when I'm feeling crazy!)
:music: lalalalalalaaaaaaaa not listening :music:

(mmmmm, butterscotch angel delight)
I got a kilo bag of Butterscotch angel delight (catering size) a few months ago from 'Approved Food.com'. When we want a sweet hit and are feeling lazy, out comes the butterscotch angel delight.
But now that you have mentioned it, on a fast day, its calling me, from over in the corner where its been dumped in my cupboard DIY session.
Butterscotch angel delight is very nice WITH banana :). Also, I've used it (and the chocolate one) as a cake filling before - just made with slightly less milk so it's a bit thicker.

Yum!
Sorry to those of you fasting today...how cruel of me.

Mmm I hadn't thought about putting it in a cake. Sounds truly delish :smile:
Butterscotch Angels Delight : happy memories of camping holidays with the family when I was a wee girl in the 50's . . . Oh , and , does anyone remember Creamola Foam ? ( tasted like flavoured Fairy Liquid ) ; Brown and Poulson's "flavoured" custards - lots of different coloured sachets but basically they all tasted the same . . . I could go on . . .

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be !
23 posts Page 1 of 2