The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

25 posts Page 1 of 2
Home made pizza feast
26 Apr 2014, 18:02
I have my kids over to stay with me this weekend and have just made pizza. Made the dough in the bread machine and had salami pepperoni ham chillies cheeses pepper and red onions. Oh and home made garlic bread too. It's amazing how much mess I can make with a 10 year old. Was delicious but think I may need an extra fast day this week. :oops:
Re: Home made pizza feast
26 Apr 2014, 18:15
Must be pizza day Phil. My grandson just finished eating our homemade pizza. Kids really enjoy cooking. My grandson and I make a game of it. Pretending we are the stars of a cooking channel show. Lots of fun.
26 Apr 2014, 19:11
:shock: :shock: @philxjr + @clairemarie :shock: :shock:
Don't mention the "P" word I haven't had any for a year now far to much of a temptation. :shock: :shock:
26 Apr 2014, 19:18
Mmmm not a pizza fan but lovin the sound of garlic bread Phil!
Sadly have had my TDEE allowance for today
I' m firmly telling self," The kitchen is now closed" !
Enjoy yr time with the kids...precious priceless time :like: :like: x
26 Apr 2014, 19:19
Sue.Q wrote: :shock: :shock: @philxjr + @clairemarie :shock: :shock:
Don't mention the "P" word I haven't had any for a year now far to much of a temptation. :shock: :shock:

@sue.Q I blame my kids. Well got to blame someone lol. Anyway it's good to have a treat now and again as it keeps you sane!
26 Apr 2014, 19:26
Mmmmm....pizza! Pizza night is usually every second Friday. Never made the dough before. I have a bread maker so that is something to try.
26 Apr 2014, 19:27
@candicemarie thanks you are right, time with the kids is special. As far as the TDDE goes, do you monitor it all the time when not fasting?. I did initially but the kept forgetting to fill in myfitness app. I find most of the time I don't go mad because I know it undoes to fasting. I have been known to go a little OTT at the weekends though. Last night it was wine, tonight it's pizza. :oops: Hopefully it hasn't done too much damage.
26 Apr 2014, 19:31
wildmissus wrote: Mmmmm....pizza! Pizza night is usually every second Friday. Never made the dough before. I have a bread maker so that is something to try.

@wildmissus You should have a go. Nice and easy and taste amazing. If you need a recipe let me know and I'll send you a good one. Good job I have already had one or I would be dribbling by now lol :smile:
26 Apr 2014, 20:49
@Sue.Q I know you are low carbing these days but you could have a small one occasionally. Also, you could use a pita bread as a base with veg and cheese. I try not to eat grain products either but a treat once a week is okay I think.
26 Apr 2014, 20:57
Yes I'm low carbing @clairemarie But not to the extreme we do need the occasional treat but I don't actually like pitta bread but have tried a tortilla/wrap once and was so so, but you've just jogged my memory I've bookmarked a cauliflower pizza base from the forum so after my holiday I'll put that on the menu :heart:
26 Apr 2014, 21:02
Good for you Sue! Someday soon I will try the cauliflower recipe. I have tried the zero noodles and zucchini idea but they left me very unhappy. Sometimes there isn't a good substitute for what we love. That's why I say a treat once in awhile is okay. Isn't one of the things that makes 52 so attractive?
26 Apr 2014, 21:23
Help me.......I love love love pizza,
Our daughter loves dominoes but my excuse is that's it's too expensive. We use tesco vouchers to get a freebee from pizza express now and again, especially as they do the low cal one now. Mind you we don't have so many vouchers these days as we shop in sainsburys and only get them from using our tesco credit cards
Did anyone see nigella making meatza. It's a pizza using a base of meat ball and then the topping over. This way no dough. Thought I might try that one on my lot seeing as I'm low carbing, will they spot the difference???
26 Apr 2014, 21:46
Sounds good :smile:
I made a pizza of sorts using a tortilla wrap, a recipe from the hairy bikers diet book it was very nice and only 250 cals Everyone else had the usual pizza dough type but i didn't feel i was missing out :like:
26 Apr 2014, 21:58
@sue.q There is a low carb pizza, called Fathead Pizza where the base is made with grated mozzarella, egg, cream cheese and ground almonds which I make from time to time. At other times I use one sheet of Sainsbury' s frozen filo pastry - ok when doing medium carb rather than low. Hmmmm pizza, pity there is no emoticon for drool ... :pizza:
26 Apr 2014, 22:32
@carieoates Sorry cant /don't know how to link on my tablet!!! Thick + must learn
Cauliflower base crust base ( not tried this yet)
The Lucky Penny Blog.com
Actually this pizza looks very good and I'll be testing sometime soon :clover: :clover:
25 posts Page 1 of 2