The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

25 posts Page 1 of 2
I can have it tomorrow.
30 Dec 2013, 17:12
So you are fasting right now and 'it' has just flashed into your head, or the smell has just wafted past your twitching nose and you really, really want IT.

But you tell yourself, 'I can have it tomorrow'.

What is your IT.

Mine right now is a slice of the Giant 'Jaffa' cake sat in the cupboard. It was bought for the family members who don't like Christmas cake to have over Christmas. Its still there, pristine sponge with a fat round of orange jelly all topped with dark chocolate. Its about 12 inches across so isn't small.

So what is yours?
Re: I can have it tomorrow.
30 Dec 2013, 17:14
Glass of red. :smile:
30 Dec 2013, 17:35
:heart: Xmas cake or pork pie or maybe both and yes now you mention it @rawkaren a large glass of red!!!!

:heart: xmas pressie given to me one of those glasses that holds a full bottle. :heart:
30 Dec 2013, 17:39
Sue.Q wrote: :heart:

:heart: xmas pressie given to me one of those glasses that holds a full bottle. :heart:

What a coincidence, we have bottles of wine that can fill a glass :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
30 Dec 2013, 17:42
peanut butter
30 Dec 2013, 17:43
:heart: @ballerina and know doubt do!!!!!! :shock:
Caroline is calling you :shock:
30 Dec 2013, 17:47
Chip shop chips with salt and vinegar on. And I very rarely have them, only if we go to the seaside, so a couple of times a year.
Thick white bread toasted with butter dripping off.
30 Dec 2013, 18:20
Stop it NOW!!! ALL OF YOU. I read that by accident whilst slaving over a hot stove, cooking the family dinner on a fast day. 8 minutes on the timer, drinking a glass of diet coke to tell my tummy that it's nearly time :lol:
30 Dec 2013, 19:23
I'd say it's the Christmas cake for me. I made it myself and it hasn't been cut into yet! It's a big family fave but because my hubby has been working away before and after Xmas day we haven't had any. But it keeps calling to me! :bugeyes:
30 Dec 2013, 19:26
Sue.Q wrote: :heart: @ballerina and know doubt do!!!!!! :shock: ..............

Yep I do, I do, I do! :lol:

Caroline is calling you :shock:
.....................Oh dear, on the naughty step AGAIN' :frown: :cry: :wink:

Ballerina x :heart:
19 Jan 2014, 20:53
mmmm. Cake and cookies and chocolate. I would never ever say no to those things :( except on fast days, of course!! ;) x
19 Jan 2014, 20:57
well today is "tomorrow" for us, so BruceE and I went out for curry buffet lunch! We had (small portions of) things like onion naan, pakora, chicken tikka masala, saag with chick peas/garbanzos, baignan bharta and a lovey cabbage dish -- followed by a small dish of rice pudding :-D It was a lovely reward for a week being so well-behaved and moderate.
19 Jan 2014, 20:59
MMMM Trace that sounds yummy! I have had a v treaty weekend: had eggs benedict for the first time, with smoked salmon, and cake and chocolate galore ;] I CANT have it tomorrow as its fast day haha but feel like i'm ready for it now ! x
19 Jan 2014, 21:27
That sounds like a lovely day!! And yes, after a day like that I would definitely ready for a fast day too :-) Eggs benedict are soo good - and chocolate, of course! LOL
19 Jan 2014, 21:44
When I go out on a fast day and I walk past a cafe and see the wonderful pastries and cakes in the window. Other days I hardly notice them and rarely go in and eat them. But on a fasting day I so want to. Tomorrow.
25 posts Page 1 of 2