The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

29 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: I can't say goodbye...
20 Feb 2014, 11:43
And @angie090465as you are slim,why should you give up yr pasta anyways! No self respecting Italian could do that! :like:
Believe me guys,having met this lovely lady,she is tiny! Xx
20 Feb 2014, 11:52
I love carbs too. This WOE has just got me to look at what I put in my mouth. I have switched from bread to thins and cut down how much I have. We're having pasta tonight but I have cut down how much I make.
20 Feb 2014, 11:56
Great thread. I don't eat much pasta so not such a chore to reduce. Might have rice once a week as basmati in Thai curry though tried and did enjoy cauliflower rice.,Still sweeten my tea non fast days with honey but sugar consumption way down in our house now. Have bread when feel tired hit wall experience and can go along a few days until next fatigued feeling. Overall carbs have been significantly reduced but not counting carbs. Fasting days another matter and very low carb. Oh did I mention chocolate :shock: :lol:

Am amazed at low carbing efforts of others achieving here but am with @loversghost eventually changed eating habits probably will be the greatest goal for longevity of this WOL
20 Feb 2014, 12:24
CandiceMarie wrote: And @angie090465as you are slim,why should you give up yr pasta anyways! No self respecting Italian could do that! :like:
Believe me guys,having met this lovely lady,she is tiny! Xx

Aww Candice you're very sweet :lol: you are a very lovely lady too!! :grin: :heart:

you know what its like, we never see ourselves like others do!!! :wink:
:oops: :heart:
20 Feb 2014, 12:46
HappyHippie wrote: to PASTA! I knowwww, I know....carbs and bad and blah blah blah. It's just toooooooooooooo delicious! I have a serious long-time love affair with pasta, bread, potato...anything of that description. Does anyone else have this problem? :bugeyes:

Pasta is not bad. Carbs are not bad. No food is bad. Eat what you like, stay within your allotted calories, and you'll be successful not only with weight loss, but also better health :victory:
20 Feb 2014, 13:03
[quote

Pasta is not bad. Carbs are not bad. No food is bad. Eat what you like, stay within your allotted calories, and you'll be successful not only with weight loss, but also better health :victory:[/quote]

Agreed that no food is 'bad' but I'm afraid if I was still eating the carbs I used to consider 'normal' I'd not be losing any weight :-( - so I think sometimes you do have to modify things (without going to extremes of course).
20 Feb 2014, 13:36
Well its wonderful to know that pasta isn't THAT bad...if Angie can still keep eating it and stay lovely and slim!

Its like my sister. She's a vegetarian (she does eat fish, so a pescatarian? hmm) and she lives on rice and pasta. She must be 7 stone something. SO slim! I'm not jealous AT ALL! Not me, uh uh, no way...

Bean :starving: :cry:
20 Feb 2014, 14:03
Oh Bean!

Yes I will always eat pasta but i am careful too lol!! i walk an hour everyday at home and i walk more at work..so that has to help :-)

and i am no way near as thin as your sister haha!! now who's jealous lol!! and you are doing great anyway so good for you :-)
20 Feb 2014, 16:21
I'm starting to cut my carbs again, because truthfully they got control again over Christmas. but all I'm doing is cutting down on the refined carbs for now. I still eat some form of carb with my evening meal but totally avoid carbs on a fast day.
Being peri-menopausal I do find that if I have a carb heavy day I get hot flushes. There is no wiggle room in my diagnosis, if I eat bread for lunch, pasta, rice or potatoes for dinner and have a sugar heavy pudding or cereals for supper I WILL have hot flushes all night and subsequently no sleep. If I moderate my carb intake I don't have hot flushes. On balance I would rather not have hot flushes, so I try not to overload on carbs where possible.
20 Feb 2014, 16:41
I eat carbs. I try to eat whole grains when I can. I also try to get in more protein and fruits and vegetables. The one thing I know I need to try to cut back on a bit is sugary foods. And I definitely eat low carb on fast days, but sometimes I still have a little! I just keep it higher in protein.
20 Feb 2014, 20:16
nursebean wrote: Isn't the whole idea of 5:2 (or in my case ADF/EOD) that we fast one day and eat what we like the next? Obviously we shouldn't eat too crazily but the reason this way of eating works is so we can stick with it for good. Don't get TOO het up about carbs and things. Presumably we just say try and reduce carbs because you tend to get more hungry than you would with plenty of protein, but reducing carbs alone doesn't mean you'll lose weight...does it? Blimey, I'm confusing myself here.

Bean :confused:

what you said nursebean
20 Feb 2014, 20:24
What?! Am I right?

Bean :starving: :shock:
21 Feb 2014, 10:39
Luckily I don't like pasta that much and can live without it, entirely. But I could never say good bye to groats like buckwheat, pearl barley, polenta and potatoes too, but that's the Pole in me I guess.
And of course.......chocolate.
21 Feb 2014, 12:08
I'm with those who can't (won't?) give up chocolate. Definitely "won't" in my case!! I have milk chocolate most days. I also still have cake/biscuits on quite a few days - if I fancy them, I will have them. Nowhere near as much as I used to tho.

I also eat lots of fruit, including dried fruit. Less than I used to, as well, but I used to eat a LOT of fresh fruit.

I have had no problems giving up rice, pasta or bread on a regular basis, but would still have them on special occasions, such as going out for a meal.

I guess I have been lucky that I have lost the weight that I wanted to, and can still have the sweet foods I enjoy. :)
29 posts Page 2 of 2