The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

22 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Jelly from scratch
04 Oct 2013, 14:25
Well Sue, For god's sake don't go reading Abbe's post = she's talking about CHEESECAKE!!! :frown: :curse:
04 Oct 2013, 14:39
so canned pineapple and mango it will be, but first, clementines jelly, just thinking of it, I am hungry :eat:

Sorry Sue..... :grin:

I will make a trifle with a yogurt cake base, mascarpone mousse, clementines jelly and a tiny bit of dark chocolate for it to look nice 8-)

And I don't want to know how many calories there will be in it
04 Oct 2013, 14:40
I Bloody know I ate that earlier with her too :shock: Sue :clover:
04 Oct 2013, 14:46
I think you must be a bit masochistic to read that type of topic on a fast day :grin:
04 Oct 2013, 14:49
Please stop. I'm fasting :starving: :starving: :starving: :starving: , but then again I do love jelly. I just remembered I made quite a batch during the summer as I hosted a babyshower and us girls do like 'light' puds. An exotic looking one made with blueberries and violet syrup. Another with melon and elderflower, and then there was something to do with strawberries using one of those posh cordials. I think it was rose and pomegranite. Went down a storm even if I say so myself. :razz:
04 Oct 2013, 14:53
Well, rose and pomegranate sounds a lot more exotic than strawberry and banana - wonder which one Izzie go for?? :grin:
06 Oct 2013, 05:15
So.... At 7:00AM I couldn't resist anymore and had to taste it. Last night I wasn't sure it would set up but this morning, the texture is just perfect, wobbly as I like it. The color is a wonderful orange and it really smells clementines.

There's no added sugar on it so the taste is a bit bitter but it's not a problem for me as I am a big citrus fan. The good thing is it's a healthy and light snack with only 61cals on it so good for a fast day :cool:

Do you know if we can do it with apples ? I have 5kgs of apple and no idea what I'll do with them....
22 posts Page 2 of 2